• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presidents and Golf

we can afford it? sigh, that imperious statement is why politics is so contentious. maybe, just maybe Trump doesn't spend 500 million (estimated in 4 years) on BS Golf and Travel (unnecessary spending) and we could keep funding EPA, Planned Parenthood, etc..

This would not be considered OK if any Dem was in office by the right, it goes both ways. it's like the GOP complaining about how people treat Melania Trump after the way they treated Michelle Obama.

Remember Obama only spent 85-95m in 8 years and the right thought that was exorbitant although less than most previous presidents.

Last edited:
Playing golf with Trump would suck. He doesn't drink, and he's a tool.

Playing golf with Obama is probably fun as hell. Cool guy who can talk about a range of subjects intelligently and will hang out and drink a beer afterwards crack jokes.

I don't care how much they play golf.

If you were wondering he will be in Florida for Easter as well, I guess probably should just post about weekends where he stays in Washington.

Holy fuck I forgot about that thread. Oh well. I love golf! Fuck the haters! :thumbsup:

I'm glad Trump is playing golf. That means he has less time for tweeting or - heaven forbid - dropping the big bomb.

You can't bitch and moan about Obama's golfing and personal spending for 8 years and when your idiot in charge spends hand over fist and plays gold twice as much and now say "what's the big deal". Fuck you with that bullshit hypocrisy....fucking snowflakes! All of you literally cried about it ad nauseam and Trump travel alone spent as much in 10 weeks as Obama did in two years.

I guess the proof will be in the puddin. I think its bullshit that he is costing the US taxpayer that much money golfing. However, in business some of the best deals are made on golf courses so if he happens to create an economy to grow at 4 % / year I don't think it will be an issue. I think it is a wait a see outrage at the moment. Also if we agree it is bullshit that he is golfing a lot and its too expensive that would also mean you are the fucking hypocrites for saying nothing during Obama admin. Shouldn't you be telling us its not an issue? I mean that is essentially what you told us before. Lastly, if we agree we are all hypocrites and we all agree golfing is happening too much what should be the penalty? impeachment or just agreeing is reward enough?

it's an issue when the man himself bitches relentlessly about it and says we don't have money in the budget for anything except more planes, guns, tanks, etc. a couple of his jaunts to Florida could help make up for some of the programs he wants to cut.

and so its not an issue when Obama cuts spending on planes guns and tanks because he has found room in the budget for golf?

Trump ripped Obama for playing golf on the taxpayers so that he could gain the ability to play golf on the taxpayers. It's a joke.

so...god forbid, but if Trump lasts two terms he would have spent 1 Billion in personal spending. compare that to non-stop crying and cage rattling about Obama's 85-95m.

there is absolutely no excuse for him to spend 10x any president.

so...god forbid, but if Trump lasts two terms he would have spent 1 Billion in personal spending. compare that to non-stop crying and cage rattling about Obama's 85-95m.

there is absolutely no excuse for him to spend 10x any president.

And he's golfed 17 times to Obama's 0 in the first 81 days yet 89 can't wrap his cro magnon brain around the difference. This is why we are where we are.

Where did Obama play golf? Did he leave town every weekend and fly to a private club that his business owns to play golf?

Usually Obama played right around the corner at Andrews Air Force base. They have 2 courses which helps since it doesn't shut the whole place down - one time I was playing a tournament there and they switched our course but didn't say why. Then a deluge of secret service and sniper dudes all rained down on the area. We all got searched and interviewed quickly, then Biden and Obama showed up and started hitting practice balls off the first tee box before heading out. We still played but the courses criss-cross a couple times so we got a few glimpses of the group. I even got some solid video analysis of Obama's swing.

I remember thinking about how crazy a production it was just to make that happen - doing it every time in a different state must be insane. Not to mention Trump already has a huge expensive country club right here in DC, one of the Trump Nationals. While I don't begrudge the President getting away and escaping every now and then - whether it's golf or fishing or scuba diving - but I will say as an avid golfer it's weird to be jealous of how often the President gets to play.

Pretty sure he is not good at golf. Horrible swing. Takes five-foot gimmes.

Still, he's probably not bad for a guy his age as he can probably hit it a good ways due to his size and he plays enough to be able to groove that ugly swing.

p.php

Decent finish.

he just strikes me as the least athletic president since...idk

was nixon good at golf? i doubt it. nerd.

Well, I guess I was wrong about my pronouncement that Trump is a bad golfer.

http://www.golfdigest.com/story/presidentsranking

President Donald Trump will be the 16th of the past 19 American presidents to play golf. And immediately upon entering office he will be the best player of the group, thanks to his current 2.8 Handicap Index and his 19 club championship victories. According to our Jaime Diaz, who twice played golf with Trump in recent years, the best part of his game is his ball-striking, although Trump himself says it's his putting.

Trump knocks John F. Kennedy from the No. 1 spot in our previous ranking of the best golf presidents. Here's how our ranking shakes out, with an assist from Don Van Natta Jr., author of the book, First Off the Tee: Presidential Hackers, Duffers, and Cheaters from Taft to Bush.

Donald Trump
Known for his bombastic statements, his boast of winning 19 club championships isn't one of them

John F. Kennedy
Despite chronic back pain, averaged 80

Dwight D. Eisenhower
Installed a green outside the Oval Office; member at Augusta National

Gerald R. Ford
Despite a clumsy image, a legitimate 80s-shooter

Franklin D. Roosevelt
At 39, polio robbed him of a powerful golf swing

George W. Bush
His handicap dipped under 10, post-presidency

George H.W. Bush
Once got his handicap down to 11

Bill Clinton
Can break 90, especially using his "Billigans"

Barack Obama
The lefty plays hoops and golf, more than 330 rounds during his two terms.

Ronald Reagan
Didn't play often or well (best was low 90s)

Warren G. Harding
Struggled to break 95

William Howard Taft
As hapless a golfer as he was a chief executive

Woodrow Wilson
Played more than Ike but almost never broke 100

Richard M. Nixon
He shot 79 once and quit the game

Lyndon B. Johnson
Played with senators to secure votes for the Civil Rights Act of 1964

Calvin Coolidge
When he vacated the White House, he left his clubs behind