• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Press Conference

Shaka turned down VT 2 years ago. Declined to even talk to them when they asked permission.

Normally, but I was just trying to illustrate just how far the backseat is of the Va. Tech and Clemson's hoops programs are in relation to the football programs. I guess you could also say their football programs sit in the back for the limo with the premium sound, TV, mini-bar, etc. and the hoops programs are riding the storage rack on top of the Limo.

or just don't mix metaphors?

Then many on the VT board flamed Weaver for being too incompetent to get him. Couldn't figure out why he stayed at VCU over VT and the ACC. A common thread among fans wanting a new head bball coach at their school. I'm more worried about VT getting someone like White with whom we have a realistic chance before we get around to it. RW needs to move it and let Buzz go.

816357.gif

Then many on the VT board flamed Weaver for being too incompetent to get him. Couldn't figure out why he stayed at VCU over VT and the ACC. A common thread among fans wanting a new head bball coach at their school. I'm more worried about VT getting someone like White with whom we have a realistic chance before we get around to it. RW needs to move it and let Buzz go.

Virginia Tech is a bad basketball school. Only made one sweet 16 in school history and that was almost 50 years ago.

There's no reason why they can't be good, especially now that they are in the ACC. Johnson was a horrible hire.

Can our boys in green get some sort of confirmation please?

why is wellman fucking around with this?

By doing it live, he can praise [Redacted] and say the "ship has been righted".

There is no scheduled press conference as of right now. Ron is still in Dayton but he does not need to be in Winston for the press release to come out, which it will sometime this week. [Redacted] has already been told he is not returning.

:golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap: :golfclap:

Can we get a tack with this post somewhere, mods?

why?

this is no different than anything else we've heard since Friday

i want this to be official already

Wellman can't even win the press conference to announce Bz' firing.

It's only been said about 8 different times by other posters. Nothing new here.

With all the hope and anticipation...Ron Wellman running the show; just prepare to be disappointed. Even with all the posts with insider knowledge that Bz is finished, Wellman would not surprise me at all to reverse course and give Bz another year so that they both can leave together...

eta nvm

y'all continue to run around scared that he's not fired then

There is no scheduled press conference as of right now. Ron is still in Dayton but he does not need to be in Winston for the press release to come out, which it will sometime this week. [Redacted] has already been told he is not returning.

LOL if Ron doesn't do a press conference.

Back