• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Presumably OFFICIAL 2016/17 Premier League

I don't understand Klopp's infatuation with Origi. It may not be an infatuation rather than a necessity, but I just don't see him as an integral piece of our puzzle. Klopp waited way too long to put Studge and Lallana on this past weekend, to the detriment of our top 4 chances.

öh yoü beaüty‏ @natefc
in 21 minutes, Sturridge created more chances than any other LFC player, took 2 shots, played more passes than Origi and didn't misplace any

That's pretty damning. Origi just doesn't have the ability to hold the ball up to let players run off of him or create many of his own chances beating defenders. Coutinho and Bobby seem to play so much better with Studge as well. I just don't get it other than Klopp is terrified it rolling him out there only to see him pull some unknown thigh muscle 15 minutes into the match. But why not risk it at this point in the season?

I don't understand Klopp's infatuation with Origi. It may not be an infatuation rather than a necessity, but I just don't see him as an integral piece of our puzzle. Klopp waited way too long to put Studge and Lallana on this past weekend, to the detriment of our top 4 chances.

öh yoü beaüty‏ @natefc
in 21 minutes, Sturridge created more chances than any other LFC player, took 2 shots, played more passes than Origi and didn't misplace any

That's pretty damning. Origi just doesn't have the ability to hold the ball up to let players run off of him or create many of his own chances beating defenders. Coutinho and Bobby seem to play so much better with Studge as well. I just don't get it other than Klopp is terrified it rolling him out there only to see him pull some unknown thigh muscle 15 minutes into the match. But why not risk it at this point in the season?

My view is that Klopp doesn't like that Sturridge doesn't press the backline with the same tenacity as his other options up front. It's a big part of why Firmino is so often his first choice striker.

I love Sturridge and I want to see him play but between his injuries and the lack of a fit with Klopp's style of play, it's hard to see how he stays with the team beyond this season.

My view is that Klopp doesn't like that Sturridge doesn't press the backline with the same tenacity as his other options up front. It's a big part of why Firmino is so often his first choice striker.

That and Firmino being the best option there by a mile

This Middlesblow team has to be among the least memorable promoted sides in history. Struggling to remember one highlight from their season, yet they weren't bad enough to be a laughing matter.

Quickly they came, quickly they went

öh yoü beaüty‏ @natefc

I don't have an issue with starting Origi, especially given Lallana coming back from injury and Sturridge making too much money to play through pain, etc. I'm a huge fan of Klopp, but I do have issue with his lack of willingness to make substitutions. Things happen, game plans fail, teams come out flat, whatever. That's why at halftime adjustments need to be made. Had Sturridge and Lallana come on at half, they might have gotten 3 pts. The team looked 100% different after the substitutions but it was made far too late.

Most of the season, in games where change is needed or LFC is losing, Klopp's substitutions have come way too late. 10 minutes remaining or less, so this weekend was an improvement on that, but still too late. Sometimes due to a poor bench he has no options, but often with a talent like Sturridge on the bench, he's waited for seemingly no reason. Maybe he just hates taking anyone off the pitch, but given the tempo and style of play, its far more important to utilize subs than other teams, so its infuriating that we don't even bother to do it when there is absolutely no creativity on the pitch and a change is necessary.

I get that Sturridge isn't as good at pressing, but sometimes you just need a change. Pressing the whole game doesn't mean anything if you drop points.

@ESPNFC: FIFA has opened an investigation into Paul Pogba's world-record transfer from Juventus to Manchester United. es.pn/2pwTyCk pic.twitter.com/N5YSAC4bo2

FIFA investigations have to be an even bigger joke than NCAA

Last match ever at WHL coming this weekend - hopefully the team is up for it like the fans will be. Spurs oddly have basically nothing to play for now, CL qualification is secured as is likely second in the league, but the title chase is over. Just pride and the crowd will be crazy - going to be a very emotional scene, so hopefully that pushes the team on.

If it's a flat Spurs performance against a Mourinho bus parking United team full of 2nd choice players, will be a pretty shitty, anti-climactic way to say goodbye to the only permanent home Spurs have ever had.

C_eU5s-XsAAypNi.jpg

Confused by the header to that chart - does this mean Utd have not scored in any of their away matches versus the Top 6, or they have not conceded a goal in any of those matches?

Obviously, if the latter that chart preceded the match last weekend @ The Emirates... :thumbsup:

Confused by the header to that chart - does this mean Utd have not scored in any of their away matches versus the Top 6, or they have not conceded a goal in any of those matches?

Obviously, if the latter that chart preceded the match last weekend @ The Emirates... :thumbsup:

Manchester United have not scored in an away match against top six opposition.

Arsenal is totally making the top 4 again. Wegner is like a vampire who must have the blood of young eastern european teams in the CL group stages to survive.

I figured they would. For all we make fun of Wenger he's running a pretty disciplined ship and they've got good players many of whom have stayed healthy most of the season. If I weren't on my phone I'd find that post and laugh at who mocked me. I have guesses about who it was

Finishing fourth with an FA Cup championship would be a pretty good way to finish. Still gonna need some help or it will be a fifth or sixth place finish with a possible FA Cup runner-up.

Very nice goals yesterday against a team that doesn't give up a ton of goals, especially at home.

Some say Wenger is more likely to step down if they make top 4 and win the FA cup. (for those that might care)

No matter what happens it's been an amazing run. Seems like managers staying more than 5 years is a thing of the past anymore.

Back