• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Primary mode of music listening/acquisition.

How do you discover/acquire/listen to music primarily

• Pandora/Radio

Votes: 11 16.2%
  • iTunes

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Grooveshark

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • Torrents/Downloading

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Purchase Cds

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Youtube

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Other/Poll Fail/Go suck an egg, egg

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters

Egg

Reaction score
Was having a discussion with a friend about this, and was curious to see how the rest of the pit operates. If you use something I forgot/don't know about, enlighten me/us so we can do the same.

At work, youtube or grooveshark.

For acquisition, mediafire and the like.

mostly just itunes occasionally now, used to download mad torrents but I stopped when I got a new comp cause I didnt want to f it up.

youtube, grooveshark, itunes sometimes, amazon sometimes, blogs, torrents, FTP, pandora, bandcamp, cds (if I'm going to an independent record store)

iTunes is the only thing I use to acquire new music. At work I use a mix of pandora and grooveshark, with a little bit of youtube once in a while.

stopped using torrents a few years ago. now mostly mediafire and blogs, although if it's a small or local band i'll purchase the album directly from the label.

thats quite a bit of primary options there.

I don't have a "primary" option.

Primary: first or highest in rank or importance; chief; principal: his primary goals in life.

No one option in that poll has a chief importance over any other. I use a bunch of things and don't value one over various options. So I put "Other." Also I agree with the "Suck, an Egg, Egg" principle anyway.

Discovering/acquiring/listening are three different things. I buy my music through amazon.com now, so I voted iTunes.

anybody use zamzar? thats what i use. that itunes and youtube.

I discover music through friends.

I acquire music through friends and iTunes.

I listen to music almost exclusively via iPod in the car or while running.

Catch onto new things via Pandora
Explore rest of band's catalog via Grooveshark
If good buy on Amazon.
Have just started using Amazon Cloud Player.

I discover music through Townie and DF09.

Get it through them usually too :p

I voted accidentally for 'go suck an egg', because my initial drunk read through didn't spot "TORRENTS/DOWNLOADING"

Grooveshark and other streaming sites at work, blogs and itunes at home.

Back