• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

That's a very simple Christian way to think about it.

Many Christians leave it up to God to judge them and others they like while taking it upon themselves to judge others.

That's a very simple Christian way to think about it.

Many Christians leave it up to God to judge them and others they like while taking it upon themselves to judge others.
That being said, observing quietly with no action can be considered condoning the action. You can love someone and not condone their actions. You can do it without hate

That being said, observing quietly with no action can be considered condoning the action. You can love someone and not condone their actions. You can do it without hate
That works for a cousin who cheated on his wife. This thread is about abortion. It doesn't matter whether you condone it or not. People should make their own health and family planning decisions.

I'm not aware of any laws forbidding you from not having an abortion.

Not really though - only in a circle that compels you to confront others. In those situations, it makes the entire issue about one's own righteousness v. concern for the health/well being of another person.

I see this a LOT with anti-abortion protestors at clinics that are religiously based - it's much more about getting the tick-mark for their own faithfulness/righteousness/whatever than actual concern for others or effectiveness.

Quietly voting republican while they are curtailing voting rights, changing settled law (hi roe v wade), loosening gun laws is bad but active shooter drills in elementary schools is ok, banning books, telling people who it's OK to love.

Talk about quietly condoning bad behavior.

Not really though - only in a circle that compels you to confront others. In those situations, it makes the entire issue about one's own righteousness v. concern for the health/well being of another person.

I see this a LOT with anti-abortion protestors at clinics that are religiously based - it's much more about getting the tick-mark for their own faithfulness/righteousness/whatever than actual concern for others or effectiveness.
The Christianity escape clause is repentance. The evangelical escape clause is anti-abortion and anti-homosexuality. Do that and all sins are forgiven.

The Christianity escape clause is repentance. The evangelical escape clause is anti-abortion and anti-homosexuality. Do that and all sins are forgiven.
Slow your roll. Some are saved by the grace of God.

American Evangelical Christians can’t stand around in good conscious and let innocent children get murdered, not before they’ve had the chance to get shot to death in school

unless He is gonna come down here and do something about this mess, it seems like God should just not care and let everyone into heaven

unless He is gonna come down here and do something about this mess, it seems like God should just not care and let everyone into heaven

Risky. That’d open up His right flank for some make heaven great again challenger. BUILD THAT PEARLY GATE!

true. could God Actual beat Trump?
Trick question

agnethk.png

My response had no political motivation behind it. I simply think that you can be against abortion except for health of mother, rape, or incest and not hate or judge the person for having one. I sin as much as the next person and I can be forgiven the same as anyone no matter the sin. It’s a thin line to balance where you don’t agree with a persons actions but don’t judge or offer condemnation. I know that it’s not the case lots of times and narrow minded people will hate and turn people away from what Jesus taught

Back