• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

The good book says god knew you before you were in the womb, so im guessing the moment sperm meets egg is personhood.

As a follow up, would Wrangor and others accept that extensive sex education, free birth control, etc. (even though allegedly encouraging what they view as immoral behavior) would result in a marked decrease in the number of murders?

I ask all of this because for all the pro-lifer talk about murder, genocide, etc. if they aren't willing to save all these "innocent children" by compromising their stance on sexual morality then it leads me to believe that one of those things is more important to them than the other.

pointing-finger-clipart-9cp6RqdcE.jpeg

That yes, an entire political party's platform, as I said in my post, reflects an anti-abortion, anti-education, anti-contraception...you know what, they say it just fine right here:

Thats's not what you said in your post. You said "an entire political party" not an "entire politic party's platform". Big difference. I tend to vote republican more often than democrat and I don't subscribe to everything in the party platform. I'm sure you don't subscribe to everything in the democratic party platform. if you do, you're a lemming.

I'm sure there are republicans who, like me, think sex-ed should be taught in public schools.

The good book says god knew you before you were in the womb, so im guessing the moment sperm meets egg is personhood.

and when that fertilized egg splits into two? were their two souls in that zygote from the start?

wait... is this why twins don't have souls? because only one of them does? or they split one soul? mystery solved.

Thats's not what you said in your post. You said "an entire political party" not an "entire politic party's platform". Big difference. I tend to vote republican more often than democrat and I don't subscribe to everything in the party platform. I'm sure you don't subscribe to everything in the democratic party platform. if you do, you're a lemming.

I'm sure there are republicans who, like me, think sex-ed should be taught in public schools.

Sure there are, but how good does that sound on a message board?

Sure but the platform represents the view of the party of which you are a member. I get your point though there are people of each party who don't agree with everything in their respective party's platform.

The platform represents the party.

Then I guess I don't agree that sex ed should be taught in public schools. Damn! I thought I did.

ETA - I'm not a member of the republican party, anyway, so kind of moot.

I'm a registered Republican and I think Sex Ed and birth control should be made widely available for free.

I also thought that if two people love each other the government should not have any say in their decision to get married.

My fiancée is a coordinator for several teen health clinics in Duval County. The level of ignorance on this topic of both the students and their parents is staggering. If the parents don't have the knowledge who is supposed to teach the kids?

She had to give a positive pregnancy test result to a Freshman.

I'm a registered Republican and I think Sex Ed and birth control should be made widely available for free.

I also thought that if two people love each other the government should not have any say in their decision to get married.

My fiancée is a coordinator for several teen health clinics in Duval County. The level of ignorance on this topic of both the students and their parents is staggering. If the parents don't have the knowledge who is supposed to teach the kids?

She had to give a positive pregnancy test result to a Freshman.

But, but, AN ENTIRE POLITICAL PARTY...

If Republicans feel that way, then Republicans should make sure that their elected representatives know.

I, for one, would hate the prospect of voting for a party, and mainstream representatives of that party, with whom I had significant ideological differences. But that's also why I am not a registered Dem.

Sure there are, but how good does that sound on a message board?

But, but, AN ENTIRE POLITICAL PARTY...

Are you seriously going to be this fucking dense? Really? Because I haven't seen a whole lot of elected 'pubs preaching anything other than "abstinence-only" education plans. Have you?

Who gives a fuck what one registered republican (or democrat, or whatever the fuck you are) happens to think? Are we making policy?

Are you seriously going to be this fucking dense? Really? Because I haven't seen a whole lot of elected 'pubs preaching anything other than "abstinence-only" education plans. Have you?

Who gives a fuck what one registered republican (or democrat, or whatever the fuck you are) happens to think? Are we making policy?

To answer your question, no, I am not dense. I was merely poking at Townie over his original choice of words. Calm down.

Back