• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

I agree as well.

I agree also, but I'm asking for the impetus for people who have changed their opinion?

who isn't aware of the reality of abortion?

i don't think we should give legitimacy to someone who changes his/her opinion about abortion because he/she just recently discovered a "new found awareness" of what an abortion is.

Milenio-Wholesale-Flip-Flops-e1347649613637.jpg

i don't think we should give legitimacy to someone who changes his/her opinion about abortion because he/she just recently discovered a "new found awareness" of what an abortion is.

at least that would be a logical reason to change your view.

Switching from pro-choice to pro-life simply because you believe one organization that performs abortions is selling baby parts (as it appears the daily beast writer might do) is irrational.

What? You don't think people's views should be able to change as they learn new information, gain new insight? Bizzare. What reason should someone be 'allowed' to change their opinion if not for a new found awareness of the subject at hand?

Because they had to have been an idiot not to realize what an abortion is. His wife must be embarrassed.

at least that would be a logical reason to change your view.

Switching from pro-choice to pro-life simply because you believe one organization that performs abortions is selling baby parts (as it appears the daily beast writer might do) is irrational.

Ugggh, to be married to that dude's wife.....

“You can’t stand on the sidelines, especially now that you’ve seen these videos,” she told me recently. “That’s bullshit! These are babies that are being killed. Millions of them. And you need to use your voice to protect them. That’s what a man does. He protects children—his own children, and other children. That’s what it means to be a man.”

His claim that "As I’ve only realized lately, to be a man, and to declare yourself pro-choice, is to proclaim your neutrality" is horseshit. He states earlier that he is pro choice "Because I’m a man. Many will say that this is not a very good reason ....I’ve remained on the sidelines and deferred to the other half of the population." So that's his choice to "be neutral" and "defer". I'm certainly not pro-choice because I'm "neutral" on the issue. And I'm not going to change my mind because of the way a couple of doctors with PP casually talk about abortion. I guess his wife is right, he is a pussy.

Just because you know what something is doesn't mean you can't have a new awareness about it. It is like ya'll are intentionally obtuse about anything that doesn't fit your paradigm.

I think the point people are making is that most people with an opinion worth voicing on the matter should know that an abortion is going to look pretty gruesome (as do a lot of medical procedures).

Just because you know what something is doesn't mean you can't have a new awareness about it. It is like ya'll are intentionally obtuse about anything that doesn't fit your paradigm.

That's not what people are talking about.

This reminds of the parable of Welchs. It was midday during a particularly hot Huntington Beach summer when an old fat man shuffles his way along the boardwalk. Having very little money but dying of thirst he moves his way towards a juice stand. Upon arriving at the juice stand he realizes that this particular stands only remain juice, due to the abnormally hot day, is Welch's grape juice. A group of people begin to argue if it is even worth buying this grape juice. "Grape juice is too sweet" one man says, another "I love grape juice, especially on a hot day I don't know what you are talking about". The crowd argues back and forth about the merits of Welch's grape juice. The old man in a very serious tone declares firmly "Any one of you that drinks Welch's grape juice is disgusting, I can't believe any of you would drink that". Shocked the crowd turns to the homeless looking man who is flailing his hands and arms wildly clearly disturbed. "Robert Welch found the racist, anti-Semetic John Birch Society" the man proclaims, "I have never drank so far as a sip of grape juice". People look at the man shocked, most of the crowd frightened with how adamant and disturbed this old man is. One young man in the crowd speaks up " You know Robert Welch has nothing to do with Welch's juice" pulling his phone from his pocket to show the old man the error in his ways. Though not admitting he was wrong the old man decides that on this particular day he will try Welch's grape juice. As he takes his first sips, the cool purple sweetness washes away his thirst almost instantly "Wow you guys Welch's grape juice is delicious you haters really should try it" The bold young man is once again the first to speak "Why would we care about the opinion of a fool who didn't know what he was arguing in the first place" With that the crowd began to disperse, those that wanted grape juice drank it, and those that did not moved on leaving the old man to ponder why nobody would listen to his new opinion.

Wrangor's article said that particular branch of Planned Parenthood was clearing $120,000.00 per month in fetal parts sales. That seems like an astonishing amount of money when you extrapolate for all of the different branches. Seems like big business. Where does that money come from? Big Pharma?

I would have never thought we would be talking about that large an amount of money. I am pretty pro choice as I don't like government making these kind of personal decisions, but I can't see how those kind of dollars are just compensation for expenses. Somebody is pocketing some Benjamins and buying nice cars.

Back