• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

Strawman alert. When in doubt just bring up Jeebus. The anti-Jeebus proselytizing on this board is way more overbearing than any Christian commentary. It doesn't really matter what the political topic, it seems one of your crew brings it up as if it is an insult. Cheers man. Your position on this is ridiculous. The suggestion that people can't change their minds because of a new awareness about a subject is asinine. This exact occurrence happens all the time, and you would laud it if someone came to a new awareness about gay marriage. Do you think people didn't know what being gay was? No, they knew full and well, but they come to a new awareness about the lifestyle, about their own personal beliefs.

The same thing can happen with abortions. The same thing can happen with war. The same thing can happen with the death penalty. The same thing can happen with just about any topic. That is the exact manner in which people change their minds. They see a new facet to a stone they have looked at many times before. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that there are members of this board that think that type of action is stupid, because those same people don't come here to listen, they come to reaffirm their own beliefs. The idea of listening to a new facet and potentially (horror!) changing ones position on a topic is to be ridiculed.

what did you previously think abortion clinics did after sucking the fetus out the womb? throw it in the trash? burn a bunch of them in a bonfire and roast smores?

how does selling usable parts of the fetus change how somebody feels about the actual process of killing it in the first place? that makes no sense.

Is Planned Parenthood a 501(c)3? Or are individual branches? If especially the latter it will be easy to see their directors' salaries On the 990 form as well as contributions from medical research groups/pharma. A bit harder to tell if it's just one national org with one 990.

Strawman alert. When in doubt just bring up Jeebus. The anti-Jeebus proselytizing on this board is way more overbearing than any Christian commentary. It doesn't really matter what the political topic, it seems one of your crew brings it up as if it is an insult. Cheers man. Your position on this is ridiculous. The suggestion that people can't change their minds because of a new awareness about a subject is asinine. This exact occurrence happens all the time, and you would laud it if someone came to a new awareness about gay marriage. Do you think people didn't know what being gay was? No, they knew full and well, but they come to a new awareness about the lifestyle, about their own personal beliefs.

The same thing can happen with abortions. The same thing can happen with war. The same thing can happen with the death penalty. The same thing can happen with just about any topic. That is the exact manner in which people change their minds. They see a new facet to a stone they have looked at many times before. I guess it shouldn't surprise me that there are members of this board that think that type of action is stupid, because those same people don't come here to listen, they come to reaffirm their own beliefs. The idea of listening to a new facet and potentially (horror!) changing ones position on a topic is to be ridiculed.

When people come around on gay marriage when they realize that being gay isn't a chosen hedonistic lifestyle but simply a sexual orientation that's a good thing. But it's also worth pointing out that the position they were coming from was naive, ignorant and fucking ridiculous.

When people come around to pro-life when they realize that abortions don't just magic the fetus away but instead involve a rather graphic surgical procedure you think that's a good thing. But it's also worth pointing out that the position they were coming from was naive, ignorant and fucking ridiculous.

Anyone who gained a newfound awareness based on those videos wasn't very aware to begin with.

Wow.

"(CNN)An 11-year-old girl, who according to authorities was raped by her stepfather, gave birth to a healthy baby girl Thursday morning in Asunción, Paraguay."

"Paraguay has one of the strictest abortion laws in the world. It bans abortions except in cases where the pregnancy endangers the mother's life. In the case of the 11-year-old, doctors ruled that, in spite of her age, the pregnancy did not endanger her life. Violation of the law carries a maximum sentence of five years in prison.

According to a 2013 United Nations report, 2 million girls under age 14 give birth in developing countries every year, many of whom suffer resulting long-term or fatal health problems. It estimated that 70,000 adolescents die each year from complications from pregnancy or childbirth.

In Paraguay, 684 girls between the ages of 10 and 14 gave birth last year. Most of the minors had been victims of sexual abuse, according to government figures."

Welcome to Rubioland.

now the kids are born go fuck yourselves. you welfare queens.

https://www.yahoo.com/health/undercover-anti-abortion-video-showed-images-of-127289829487.html

OOOOOOPPPPPPSSSSSS

"On Friday, the Center for Medical Progress (CMP), the antiabortion activist group that has been releasing undercover videos targeting Planned Parenthood, the practice of fetal tissue donation, and later-term abortion, has admitted that images shown its most recent video of a fetus of approximately 19 weeks gestational age was not taken at a Planned Parenthood affiliate clinic, as heavily implied in the video."

This reminds of the parable of Welchs. It was midday during a particularly hot Huntington Beach summer when an old fat man shuffles his way along the boardwalk. Having very little money but dying of thirst he moves his way towards a juice stand. Upon arriving at the juice stand he realizes that this particular stands only remain juice, due to the abnormally hot day, is Welch's grape juice. A group of people begin to argue if it is even worth buying this grape juice. "Grape juice is too sweet" one man says, another "I love grape juice, especially on a hot day I don't know what you are talking about". The crowd argues back and forth about the merits of Welch's grape juice. The old man in a very serious tone declares firmly "Any one of you that drinks Welch's grape juice is disgusting, I can't believe any of you would drink that". Shocked the crowd turns to the homeless looking man who is flailing his hands and arms wildly clearly disturbed. "Robert Welch found the racist, anti-Semetic John Birch Society" the man proclaims, "I have never drank so far as a sip of grape juice". People look at the man shocked, most of the crowd frightened with how adamant and disturbed this old man is. One young man in the crowd speaks up " You know Robert Welch has nothing to do with Welch's juice" pulling his phone from his pocket to show the old man the error in his ways. Though not admitting he was wrong the old man decides that on this particular day he will try Welch's grape juice. As he takes his first sips, the cool purple sweetness washes away his thirst almost instantly "Wow you guys Welch's grape juice is delicious you haters really should try it" The bold young man is once again the first to speak "Why would we care about the opinion of a fool who didn't know what he was arguing in the first place" With that the crowd began to disperse, those that wanted grape juice drank it, and those that did not moved on leaving the old man to ponder why nobody would listen to his new opinion.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

how is this post getting no love?!

Rise from you grave!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...d-parenthood-funding_5616ed01e4b0dbb8000de134

GOP Probe Into Planned Parenthood Funding Comes Up Empty

Jason Chaffetz says he's found no evidence of wrongdoing by the family planning provider.

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), chairman of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, said Thursday that the GOP's investigation into Planned Parenthood's use of federal funds hasn't turned up anything.

"Did I look at the finances and have a hearing specifically as to the revenue portion and how they spend? Yes. Was there any wrongdoing? I didn't find any," he said during a Judiciary Committee hearing on the family planning provider.

Chaffetz, a candidate for House speaker, grilled Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards during a five-hour hearing last week. He questioned her salary, asked about the organization's expenses and revenues, and pressed Richards on why the group had revenue of $127 million last year if it's a nonprofit. (Nonprofits put their revenues back into their programs.)

But after all that, he concluded that Planned Parenthood isn't doing anything sketchy with its money. "Did we find any wrongdoing? The answer was no," Chaffetz said.

They should just sell the baby parts to cover their operating costs.

Abortion: When will we as a country wake up to the truth?

Removed

Last edited:
My issue is that PP does abortions. Selling the body parts is just evidence that we are systematically dismantling babies into body parts.

PP without abortions is an amazing organization. We need organizations like them. But the whole slaughtering millions of children's is a bit overwhelming when doing a cost analysis for me.

You just insist on seeing the glass half empty, don't you?

My issue is that PP does abortions. Selling the body parts is just evidence that we are systematically dismantling babies into body parts.

PP without abortions is an amazing organization. We need organizations like them. But the whole slaughtering millions of children's is a bit overwhelming when doing a cost analysis for me.

They don't "slaughter children." They perform legal abortions.

Back