• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pro Life / Pro Choice Debate

The whole issue is a mockery of our intelligence, winger. I'm just pointing out your hypocrisy. You support the killing of innocent children and you cannot wriggle out of that no matter how hard you try. Unless you are an across-the-board pacifist who only supports military action in extreme cases to thwart invaders that ends at our borders - then in my opinion you are a hypocrite if you go around saying you support the 'sanctity of life' while soldiers bearing the stars and stripes bomb areas with civilians. How can you justify one and condemn the other? Because it is 'spreading freedom?" Because you believe the Iraqi's are "better off?"

You fucked up supporting that war, sir. It was a war of aggression and an offense and it resulted in the killing of children in and out of the womb.

It is a very serious issue and it has existed since long before the Bible or Jesus or the founding fathers. It is a women's issue. What we have in place is a reasonable compromise. if you don't want an abortion, you don't get one. If you want one, you have a safe place/environment to get one and then it is between you and your God/family/conscience.

Plus, the fact that the Bible (the book that informs your every decision) itself does not directly condemn a practice that existed at the time and before it was written should be noted. Why is that? Seems a glaring omission, along with homosexuality which received scant attention in the Old Testament and yet Jesus never really brought it up, as far as we know. Odd don't you think?

You can always tell that WnB's inner conscience about abortion bothers him when he brings up the Iraq War. Because America (and the world) thought Saddam had WMD (at least since the time he last deployed them on innocent people) and decided to intervene before he used them again, WnB gets a moral pass on abortion. What could possibly go wrong with such ironclad logic?

"It's a women's issue" is an interesting argument in a post-gender environment. Since our super pro-science friends on the left have decided that we no longer decide sex/gender issues on, uhm, science and have instead devolved to Tyranny of Our Feelings, I assume Wrangor can just identify as a woman and resume thinking dangerous thoughts like "Let's not kill babies" or no?

"a reasonable compromise" - Said no aborted fetus ever.

The Bible talks about how it isn't a great idea to take innocent life. Not sure how you missed that part.

If you want to be pro-choice (statistically, the most "Black Lives Don't Matter" position available in today's climate), that's on you, but at least admit that part of it: have the character to take that position for its delightful merits, instead of blaming it on George W. Bush, or Jesus.

The Bible talks about a lot of things that nobody cares about in 2016. Continues to be a matter of convenience what that includes.

You can always tell that WnB's inner conscience about abortion bothers him when he brings up the Iraq War. Because America (and the world) thought Saddam had WMD (at least since the time he last deployed them on innocent people) and decided to intervene before he used them again, WnB gets a moral pass on abortion. What could possibly go wrong with such ironclad logic?

"It's a women's issue" is an interesting argument in a post-gender environment. Since our super pro-science friends on the left have decided that we no longer decide sex/gender issues on, uhm, science and have instead devolved to Tyranny of Our Feelings, I assume Wrangor can just identify as a woman and resume thinking dangerous thoughts like "Let's not kill babies" or no?

"a reasonable compromise" - Said no aborted fetus ever.

The Bible talks about how it isn't a great idea to take innocent life. Not sure how you missed that part.

If you want to be pro-choice (statistically, the most "Black Lives Don't Matter" position available in today's climate), that's on you, but at least admit that part of it: have the character to take that position for its delightful merits, instead of blaming it on George W. Bush, or Jesus.

hmm, interesting. Well, I think the difference is that I don't go around patting myself on the back for "protecting the sanctity of life" like you pro-lifers do. That's the part that gets me - the hypocrisy. You want to hold up your morality trophy for saving the little babies in utero, but on the other hand you are fine with killing them as long as it fits in with your geopolitical plan to protect "American Interests™." Thinking someone has weapons justifies killing 10s of thousands if little babies? I'm not following your ironclad logic.

Last edited:
Yeah WnB gets super strange when he gets on these threads. I don't agree with Wrangor on much but it's weird seeing someone so eager to either pick a fight or play a gotcha game with him. I think when he writes one of these posts he feels like he's just killin it, not different from when jhmd writes one with a [sic], text in strike through, and a reference to the Sociology department. Basically the triple crown of message board posts.

yes, Wrangor makes me feel very strange. How he doesn't make anyone else feel strange is beyond me. And I'm always killin it, chief.

hmm, interesting. Well, I think the difference is that I don't go around patting myself on the back for "protecting the sanctity of life" like you pro-lifers do. That's the part that gets me - the hypocrisy. You want to hold up your morality trophy for saving the little babies in utero, but on the other hand you are fine with killing them as long as it fits in with your geopolitical plan to protect "American Interests™." Thinking someone has weapons justifies killing 10s of thousands if little babies? I'm not following your ironclad logic.

That wouldn't be a great position for you to take.

Since you're so opposed to hypocrisy in any form, do Black Lives Matter (TM) or Not?

I agree. "It's not forbidden" was a crappy argument.

But....God and sin and all that is constantly invoked by the Christians in this debate, is it not? Is it not the Christian right who organize and fight Roe v Wade? The Jews are pro-choice, as are the Muslims. Come on man, don't pull that bullshit.

But....God and sin and all that is constantly invoked by the Christians in this debate, is it not? Is it not the Christian right who organize and fight Roe v Wade? The Jews are pro-choice, as are the Muslims. Come on man, don't pull that bullshit.

So...because Christians aren't 100% consistent on every position every time, it's open season on the unborn? I do not follow.

That wouldn't be a great position for you to take.

Since you're so opposed to hypocrisy in any form, do Black Lives Matter (TM) or Not?

I have no idea what you are trying to say, I really don't. I went to App State so help me out, counselor. You're too clever for me.

So...because Christians aren't 100% consistent on every position every time, it's open season on the unborn? I do not follow.

yes, when you're a religious zealot who wants to hold everyone else to ridiculous standards of conduct.

I have no idea what you are trying to say, I really don't. I went to App State so help me out, counselor. You're too clever for me.

Then you're in a world of hurt, b/c this ain't hard. You said as recently as here....

No, it's open season on hypocritical Christians. Try to keep up.

...that it's hypocrisy the raises your ire (and I guess by extension, gives you some version of moral permission to hold your views on abortion; otherwise I'm not sure why you brought it up). Well, the pro-choice crowd has a fairly strong overlay with the BLM crowd, yet the linked article tells us that despite comprises less than 14% of the population, black women had 36.4% of this Country's abortions. Are these the lives you all persistently preach "matter"? I think they matter, why don't you?

I'll pass on that. I learned to stop telling my girlfriend things she already knew a long time ago.

This is one of those times that Mitt Romney would bet you $10,000.00 that neither you nor her will actually think that when you actually do this. Like...not in a class or a message board, but IRL. If either one of you refers to it as a baby prior to delivery, I win the bet.

This will be easier than taking candy from a baby fetus.

Back