• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

Also, Wolford's throw to Dortch was a thing of absolute beauty.
This was the first throw and catch I can remember that made us look like the big boys in college football. Things are going to get more exciting. Aren't we perfect in the Red Zone thus far?

This was the first throw and catch I can remember that made us look like the big boys in college football. Things are going to get more exciting. Aren't we perfect in the Red Zone thus far?

Yup, 9/9 with 6 TD's and 3 FGs.

WF has played 2 games.

Presby was the first. Wolford played 5 series in that game. He led the offense to scores on each drive (4 TDs: 3 TD passes and 1 rushing TD).

BC was the second. In the last 5 years BC has played 27 home games and given up 34 or more 4 times: NC Clemson; NC FSU; L'ville twice (including last year with the Heisman Trophy winner).

Wolford accounted for 243 yards, running for a TD; throwing for a TD; Wolford hit 68% of his passes and committed no turnovers. He is WF leading rusher and averaging more than 5 yards a carry. The WF game plan was to avoid turnovers, and to make a freshman QB beat them. That was smart. Once WF had a 21-7 lead at half, there was no chance WF was going to start chucking the ball around so that Wolford could pump up his stats.

The point is to win games, and not sure what more Wolford could do to help WF win games. Can tell you right now that the BC coaching staff would love to have John Wolford as their QB (as would UNC, UVA, Pitt, among many others).

Given how the game went, wonder how any reasonable person would expect more out of the offense, including the QB, this past Saturday. BC couldn't put together drives. Once WF got a lead, the only possible way WF could lose the game would be INTs or sack/scoop/score. The game dictated that WF keep the attack vanilla, and they did.

Really astonishing that there is any grousing that WF didn't score 40 at BC this week.

Thanks for a sane post

Dortch is going to be really good, y'all. I'd love to see him in the backfield.

I just don't know what your expectations were this year heading into the year from our offense.

Once again, we played a top 20 defense on the road and had (I believe) one sack allowed and one INT.

What would have been your expectations for Wolford on Saturday that didn't get done?

We had an INT?

Kind of what State is doing with Hines?

Exactly. I even said on the college football thread that was I was jealous they got him over us until we got Dortch.

Hard to get too much of a read because the play calling was very conservative.

Also, in Wolford's defense, one of the FG drives included a BLATENT PI call that was missed. That would have likely turned that into a TD drive.

Dortch is that "can take it to the house on any play" talent that we haven't really had.

Hard to get too much of a read because the play calling was very conservative.

Also, in Wolford's defense, one of the FG drives included a BLATENT PI call that was missed. That would have likely turned that into a TD drive.

Yeah Cam was definitely hit early on that throw.

Yeah Cam was definitely hit early on that throw.

Cam was TSA strip-searched and crotch grabbed- terrible officiating- hope the film and a complaint is on the way to the ACC offices- the official should forfeit his pay for swallowing the flag.

That one was on the far end zone from where we were sitting, but it seemed to be an absolute mugging. They didn't even show the replay inside. Similarly, the PI that led to the first BC touchdown seemed to be pretty awful too since the ball was uncatchable and BC dude appeared to be out, but that was at least a little closer I thought.

That one was on the far end zone from where we were sitting, but it seemed to be an absolute mugging. They didn't even show the replay inside. Similarly, the PI that led to the first BC touchdown seemed to be pretty awful too since the ball was uncatchable and BC dude appeared to be out, but that was at least a little closer I thought.

The non call for PI on Cam was a terrible no call. The kind of thing you only expect to see if you're playing in the Cameron Outhouse or Crapel Hill.

You could say Death Valley. We've been jobbed there with PI calls pretty liberally if the game was in doubt.

No question about ref bias at Death Valley. No question the PI called against us and the no call on mugging of Serigne at Alumni Stadium were bogus. ACC refs have a tough time not favoring the home crowd when Wake shows up and plays well. Seen this phenomena for years.

Back