• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Proud to Be a Deacon Video -- No Bzzz

DinDC

Reaction score
They played a new sports promo video tonight that included coaches and former players from every Wake Forest sport. They all smiled at the camera and said "I'm proud to be a Deacon" (if memory serves correctly). I remember Ish Smith. However, Bzzz and the rest of the men's basketball coaches were left out. I guess they didn't want to risk the likely crowd reaction.

Hard to imagine that Ron Wellman has created a situation in which Randolph Childress saying "I'm proud to be a Deacon" would be greeted with anything but huge cheers.

Yeah, the whole game seemed like an attempt by the AD to deflect some attention. There was the proud deacon bit, the one with all the football players in the NFL, and then a cameo by CP3 and JGray. Wellman and Buzz still suck, although I kind of liked remembering good things about Deacon sports.

Oh, and we brought out all the women's teams. Can't not cheer for them.

They also had 3x5 cards on all the tables in Deacon Tower printed with something about Wake Forest's standards or integrity, or something like that. I wish I had brought one home with me. It was obviously an AD marketing ploy.

FWIW, I think the piece was cut short due to the game restarting. At least the time I saw it. Don't know if there is much more to it or not.

Wellman has Bzz locked up in the attic. No way we see him anywhere near BB&T this season. They may bring the players out at some point. I'd be surprised if they didn't later in the season but Bzz will be in lock down.

They also had 3x5 cards on all the tables in Deacon Tower printed with something about Wake Forest's standards or integrity, or something like that. I wish I had brought one home with me. It was obviously an AD marketing ploy.

They are in the concourse too. I have to take a pic next home game.

Nice. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we come out with special football jerseys with "CULTURE" instead of the players' names.

Reactions: DG3

I guess the Tower-level givers swallowed up those cards like they did that shitty tasting food that was served.

Nice. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if we come out with special football jerseys with "CULTURE" instead of the players' names.

Didn't one of the service academies do this recently? I bet it's been brought up in a meeting.

FWIW, I think the piece was cut short due to the game restarting. At least the time I saw it. Don't know if there is much more to it or not.

This is true. I have no idea who else made cameos in the video but I do know that it was cut short.

This is true. I have no idea who else made cameos in the video but I do know that it was cut short.

It was cut short but there is no way Bzz is on that video. Wellman is nobody's fool.

I'm going to bring my "[Redacted] Stat Sheets" to the next football game.... or at least whichever one I decide to actually attend. I borderline loathe Wake Forest athletics at this point.

I was SOO MAD when the video cut short and I didn't get to boo the shit out of Buzzy. Damn.

If he's good enough to be our coach, he should be good enough to be in the video.

Why would Wellman be ashamed?

Wellman has Bzz locked up in the attic. No way we see him anywhere near BB&T this season. They may bring the players out at some point. I'd be surprised if they didn't later in the season but Bzz will be in lock down.
The majority, if not all, of the basketball players were in the student section. I saw Devin, Moto, Cav, Tree, Madison, Codi, Andre, and Travis. I kinda feel bad for them if the airplane thing does in fact happen.

Last edited:
The majority, if not all, of the basketball players were in the student section. I saw Devin, Moto, Cav, Tree, Madison, Codi, Andre, and Travis. I kinda feel bad for them them if the airplane thing does in fact happen.

Agreed. And usually they are brought on the field at some point shortly before their season begins. And I'm sure they will this season. Despite my hatred for this coach, I don't want the kids to be humiliated in any way, shape or form.

Back