• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PS3 or XBOX360

game system

• xbox360

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • ps3

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • doofus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Deac2010

Reaction score
I'm going to go buy a new gaming system today - I've never owned one before and don't know which one to buy.. I hear all the apps come out first on xbox.. or should i just wait for a new gaming system to come out?

I'm waiting until the next Xbox comes out, but if I had the spare cash, I'd get another 360.

We were torn on this, too. Bought the 360 and haven't looked back. Love it.

It really comes down to personal preference. Graphics are close to the same. Most games crossover but if there one of the few that doesn't that you prefer, go with that system. PS3 has the advantage of BluRay but if you already have a player, that's not an advantage.

I could care less about playing online with anyone I know so PS3 was the obvious choice for me. Having the built-in Blu-Ray was just icing on the cake.

Doesn't Xbox live still cost a yearly subscription while PS3 is free?

Xbox live is worth the subscription. I don't even play video games that much and always use the xbox for hulu, netflix, and espn

As much as I hate Windows, Microsoft has done a great job with both the Xbox and the Live service, which is well worth the miniscule yearly fee they charge for it. They just released HBO Go and tend to get everything first and with often better versions of apps. But the PS3 doubles as a blu ray player and also has some nice media features. Both consoles have some solid exclusives, the controllers are very different but people swear by both. I can't stand the PS3 controllers and preferred Halo to the PS3 exclusives so I went Xbox.

Really, they're both great systems and there's a reason neither has been able to kill off the other.

PS3, but I use it for bluray, hulu, and netflix mostly.

Both consoles have their ups and downs when it comes to specs, capabilities, and game exclusivity... but one thing separates them apart completely, and that's the online community.

XBOX: Premium community, $60 a year being the cheapest option. PS3 is absolutely free. The downside to the PS3's community being free is that it leaves room for little kids, people with shitty connections, and otherwise people who don't really need to be playing online to be playing online. On the 360 you still get a number of kids who are spoiled by their parents, but I used to think it was bad until I played a game of CODMW3 on my roommate's PS3. It was HORRIBLE. Nobody could host a game, 5/12 of the players sounded prepubescent with maybe 3 having a voice sounding like a dog whistle, and the quality of the gameplay was terrible... I felt like a God. And I suck at COD. These kids were just bad, and the connection felt like it was being run on a server from a garage sale. PS3 was just a traumatic experience in general.

Xbox > PS3 for online play. Otherwise, it's about dead even for me. I don't even play video games that often, but fuck the PS3's online community. (Most of it, at least)

I have PS3 and its sweet. It has most of the same apps, netflix, hulu, mlb.tv. It does kinda suck that it doesnt have espn and such, but I've never had a problem with the connection when I play fif online but I dont really play many shooter games.

How long does it take to get used to the 360 if all you've ever played was a PS? I've has some version of the PS since the beginning, and with the controls being so different that I'm a bit worried that I couldn't get used to it.

Back