• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PS3 or XBOX360

game system

• xbox360

Votes: 24 72.7%
  • ps3

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • doofus

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We went XBOX, but 95% of our use is for "normal" TV watching. It replaced the media center computer I had attached to the TV. Netflix, Hulu, ESPN360, and Last.FM cover most all of the media I need, and it streams in video/music from other computers in the house if I need to download something or watch/record something via OTA that isn't available from those sources. Being able to use voice and hand gestures via the Kinect is awesome. The remote stays on the charger most of the time.

Does ESPN3 still not work for Xbox360 and TWC?

My friends and I have this conversation all the time and almost everyone is now agreeing that Xbox>PS3 for sure. I have owned both systems and sold my PS3 and would make that choice every time. Xbox>>>>PS3

The PS3 also has NFL Sunday Ticket from Direct TV, if you're interested in watching the NFL but don't have Direct TV. This was awesome for me last season. They also just added Amazon video streaming, which is worthwhile if you already have Amazon Prime. It is very similar to Netflix for a lot of the free titles, though.

I use my X-Box more for non-gaming now. ESPN, Netflix, Hulu Plus, MLB.tv, Crackle...I dropped cable and just use those services for almost everything I need. I've only played a PS3 twice, so I can't really say much about it.

Back