• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

PSU Hoops - National Media Sees Chambers as Possible Manning Replacement

Didn't work out so well for us before when we had hired a coach, [NR] after he had beaten us.

It's happening!

no way. the dude has had one successful season after being there NINE years. manning was able to get to the tournament before chambers at tulsa. i’d rather we just stick with manning.

I really would be pissed if we get Chambers when all of these other coaches are on the table. Please no.

Better than Manning but after the last 10 years you can’t hire a guy who has won only 38% of his Big 10 games over 9 years. Hard pass.

If that is really our guy then may as well just keep manning and let him finish coaching out his contract. Fug it.

Yeah keep a guy who didn’t get us top 10 instead of a guy who got Penn State top 10

He had ONE good semester in nine years as a HC. His career B10 record is .337.

How do you justify wanting a guy whose league winning percentage is a bad three point shooting number?

Chambers is the epitome of LOWF.

Our reaction is probably how fans of most P5 football programs would react if they hired Clawson.

Seems like a good dude and did fairly well at a tough gig.....but not at all what we need to get the program back on track.

At least Clawson has been in four straight bowl games.

Chambers has Philly, Pittsburgh and even parts of Ohio to recruit from and he hasn't succeeded. I will be extremely disappointed if he's our next coach.

Our reaction is probably how fans of most P5 football programs would react if they hired Clawson.

Seems like a good dude and did fairly well at a tough gig.....but not at all what we need to get the program back on track.

Clawson and Chambers are nowhere near the same.

Clawson was coming off a huge turnaround at Bowling Green, and had success turning around all three programs he went to as a head coach. Chambers has spent 10 years at Penn State and this is the first year he was going to be in the tournament. Not what I, or anyone else that cares about Wake should be looking for.

At least Clawson has been in four straight bowl games.

Chambers has Philly, Pittsburgh and even parts of Ohio to recruit from and he hasn't succeeded. I will be extremely disappointed if he's our next coach.

I don’t disagree that 4 bowl games is an impressive feat at Wake Forest. Most people outside of NC don’t realize that. For most schools, going 8-5 and a mid tier bowl game is no big deal at all.

Penn St folks I know really like Chambers. They don’t love him but they’re appreciative that they’re at least competitive in the B1G instead of going 8-24 every year.

Snore to Chambers. Boring hire. Won’t turn it around. Well maybe he would get us to where we are capsized rather than sunk.

I don’t disagree that 4 bowl games is an impressive feat at Wake Forest. Most people outside of NC don’t realize that. For most schools, going 8-5 and a mid tier bowl game is no big deal at all.

Penn St folks I know really like Chambers. They don’t love him but they’re appreciative that they’re at least competitive in the B1G instead of going 8-24 every year.

We have to make a big hire. A guy who can't win in the B10 is not that.

Relax. Chambers is just using us to get an extension and raise.

Back