• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Public Enemy to Rock N Roll Hall of Fame

SC DEAC

Reaction score
Favorite PE songs? I'll go with Black Steel in the Hour of Chaos, Prophets of Rage, and Rebel without a Pause but so hard to choose.

Saw them at Johnson C. SMith homecoming way back in the day and was on the front row and Flav pretty much laughed at me and my portly white friend.

1 comment in 24 hours about one of the greatest rap bands ever being inducted into Rock N Roll hall of fame? Weak sauce, pastel shirt with bow tie wearing Wake Fans. You can now get back to listening to Gangnam Style and New Direction.

And RUSH! RUSH! FINALLY!!!!!

Fuck that. I was at the point where I thought not being in the HoF was a badge of honor. Seriously... Public Enemy? I love Chuck D, but they aren't rock and neither are half of the acts who are in it.

Rush has always been a no-brainer, whether you like them or not.

Well apparently they only made it because the Hall incorporated fan voting and submissions this year. So it was the voice of the people!

Well apparently they only made it because the Hall incorporated fan voting and submissions this year. So it was the voice of the people!

Yes, the Rolling Stone type reviewers always hated Rush. They gave A Farewell to Kings either 0 or 1 star, which it's not.

What I can't believe is that neither Lou Adler nor Quincy Jones haven't been in the HOF for decades.

Halftime at my son's soccer game (he was 11 then) and his coach tells the defense that "we've got to shut them down". My son begins singing the chorus of "Shut 'em Down" to himself.

The other assistant coach looks at me and says, "Public Enemy? NICE!"

I have never been more proud. Thank you Chuck D.

Saw Chuck D speak at App. State on MLK day in 2004. A really deep, thoughtful dude. Flava Flav on the other hand, not so much. I always wondered what set of circumstances led those two to join up. That and Professor Griff is a bit of an antisemitic psychopath. But the correct answer to the question is this.

Reactions: ONW
Saw Chuck D speak at App. State on MLK day in 2004. A really deep, thoughtful dude. Flava Flav on the other hand, not so much. I always wondered what set of circumstances led those two to join up. That and Professor Griff is a bit of an antisemitic psychopath. But the correct answer to the question is this.

Everyone needs a hype man.

This

I'm a little upset about all of this... somehow, Milhouse and I ended up on the same side and I got no adulation for calling RJ ignorant. :)

Did Flava Flav ever marry one of those skanks on that MTV reality show a few years ago? Geddy Lee should've tried that and Rush would've been in the HOF a decade ago. Wearing a clock around his neck would've helped too.

Back