• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Publix to open store in Winston-Salem

ConnorEl

Reaction score
Publix has chosen Winston-Salem and the site of a Masonic lodge on 34 Miller St. for its Triad debut.

5217b71397e9b.image.jpg

I think I went to a Publix in FL once. But I can't really recall much about the experience.

What's the word from those that might know. Is Publix a grocer more like [insert appropriate store name], or somehow semi-unique [pun intended]? Will it's presence enhance our choices for shopping or merely replicate what we already have?

I think the location is probably a good one for them but bad for an already congested traffic pattern.

I heard HT might be up for sale. Can anyone confirm?

Sorry.

Didn't see a thread about this. Maybe some discussion in the HT/Kroger or chat threads?

people from florida say it's the greatest grocery store in the history of the world because you can get a deli sandwich inside

Didn't realize it would replace the Masonic Lodge. I assumed that would stay and wondered where they'd put the Publix. Although the covered parking lot is going to be the tits

people from florida say it's the greatest grocery store in the history of the world because you can get a deli sandwich inside

Winston-Salemites will say this because it has indoor plumbing and air conditioning.

But you can get any meat and condiment.

We have one 2 miles from my house in Spartanburg, SC and it blows BI-LO, Food Lion, & Ingles completely away. The selection is great, the aisles are pretty wide, and they keep the stores really clean. They closed our Harris Teeter 10 years ago when Publix opened and I really can't think of a better grocery store.

Don't get to Fresh Market or Whole Foods much, eh?

Anybody that shops for Tide, Bounty, & Northern TP in a Whole Foods or Fresh Market is a fool as it costs about 25% more.

We do have a brand new Fresh Market that aces any other ones around.

You're going to pay a bit more for those at Publix, too. Just stock up at Walmart or order on Amazon.

You're going to pay a bit more for those at Publix, too. Just stock up at Walmart or order on Amazon.

Saving an extra 10-15% at Walmart is not worth it to me and the 2 Walmarts in my city suck. You can get beat up in there if you're not careful. I actually get that stuff at Costco when I can.

The groceries I purchase are usually "my" stuff, not the bulk of our household groceries. I shop most at Whole Foods.

My wife purchases the bulk of our groceries and tends to prefer Harris Teeter. Sounds like Publix may be an alternative for her (us).

Back