• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Publix to open store in Winston-Salem

The people who work in Publix are at least one step up from other chains. Mature, clean, and helpful. Their delis are excellent and the subs and fried chicken are as good as you can buy anywhere. If you like to fry up some country style or chicken fried steak, their cube steak is always the one to use. No drawbacks except prices are just ok, nothing great. Overall like Harris Teeter except even better.

Rubbin, agree it is not HEB but doubt we see them in these parts any time soon.

Last edited:
We have one 2 miles from my house in Spartanburg, SC and it blows BI-LO, Food Lion, & Ingles completely away. The selection is great, the aisles are pretty wide, and they keep the stores really clean. They closed our Harris Teeter 10 years ago when Publix opened and I really can't think of a better grocery store.

Isn't that like being the tallest person in jamesda's wedding party?

Publix usually has very good bread, which gives them a leg up on the deli sandwiches.

Publix usually has very good bread, which gives them a leg up on the deli sandwiches.

Can't wait to see the posts about Publix' sandwiches from the "so it's a deli" crowd. "OMG, I just had the best jerk turkey with gruyere on multigrain from Publix! They didn't skim on the black olives and the honey mustard is perfect!"

Lemon/spinach orzo.

And Wegman's is good but they're pretty much in the northeast/upper east coast. 6 states?

Yeah I don't think they venture out of the corridor. Based out of Rochester, NY.

Back