• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Puerto Rico... 51st State

Oh you cannn beeeee
State 51
OH YOU CAN BE STATE 51
Oh you can beeee a part of the US
OH YOU CAN BE STATE 51
Oh you can be!
OH YOU CAN BE!
State 51!
STATE 51!
Oh you cannn be state 51
Oh you can beeeee a part of the US
Oh you can be state 51!

Do we go ahead and make DC a state to keep it even?

Or maybe Texas can make good on its threats and we'll stay at 50.

Let's just merge the Dakotas. Nobody can remember which of them Mount Rushmore is in anyway (South).

Not a bad issue for Republicans to rally around.

Or not.

"Puerto Rico has to be a state. There is no other option," said 25-year-old Jerome Lefebre, who picked up his grandfather before driving to the polls. "We're doing OK, but we could do better. We would receive more benefits, a lot more financial help."

Do we go ahead and make DC a state to keep it even?

Or maybe Texas can make good on its threats and we'll stay at 50.

I'd rather see California split into 2 states to bring us to 52.

North/South?

East/West?

Orange County/All the rest?

I would rather dump Florida and pick up PR to stay at 50

North/South. I doubt it happens, but there is a decent ideological split in the state, and there is some resentment on the side of NorCal who thinks the state is bankrupt because SoCal spent all of NorCal's money.

I'm only in favor of this if we can re-name Puerto Rico Area 51.

Will never make it through the House

Great. Torpedo the next immigration bill and tell Area 51 to go eff themselves. Brilliant! We've come a long way since Bush Lite got 40some% of the Latino vote in 2004.

Great. Torpedo the next immigration bill and tell Area 51 to go eff themselves. Brilliant! We've come a long way since Bush Lite got 40some% of the Latino vote in 2004.

Just stating my prediction. Pubs will see this as an automatic dem win like DC. Maybe they will be smart and see how this may piss off the Latino vote but I doubt it.

Back