• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pull a Deacon athlete's name out of your butt thread

I wonder if many others actually remember this, because this is a top five memory of wake basketball for me. As high schoolers, Townie and WaketheUniverse and i were sitting immediately behind the three point line in the front row when this happened. The ball when backwards over our heads. I've probably shared that story a half a dozen times because we were rolling in the aisles laughing. A happier time for wake basketball.

I was also at that game. From the elbow on the side of the court opposite the benches, on the side where the student section is now. It was crazy.

I was also at that game. From the elbow on the side of the court opposite the benches, on the side where the student section is now. It was crazy.

I was there too. It was a mind-boggling move from Cream Soda.

We need more "flip's" and "snoozy's" these days. I feel like if you have a nickname that sticks, you''re probably a baller.

Tom "Flipper" Shelton (who went on to be CEO of Joseph Phelps Vineyards)
Wayne "Wonderful" Walton
Bob "Rookie" Dwyer

Last edited:
AW Hamilton once shot the ball backwards out-of-bounds.

Over his head, probably 4 rows deep into the stands. One of my all time favorite Wake bball memories.

ETA: should have known phan would be here about it. Awesome.

Back