• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Pull a Deacon athlete's name out of your butt thread

Wilbert Singleton. Man, could that guy jump. Always enjoyed watching him play....though he always seemed to be in Tacy's doghouse for some reason and didn't get as much PT as I would have liked.

Don Mulnix. Highly regarded basketball recruit from Colorado. Never overcame pre-season knee surgery.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dwight Bartlett - baseball player 1964 to 1968 - my roommate in 1964. I really pulled that out of my butt because I can't remember names.

Artis Gilmore
Greg Oden
Tom Hammonds
Russell Westbrook
James Wilson

D'Angelo Bryant, aka "Bus". We need more players with great nicknames.

Merrill Henkel. .. football QB and baseball pitcher - graduated in '75, I believe. Remember he was often injured as a kid (we nicknamed him Merrill the Squirrel ) and when I bumped into him when I was interviewing at Wake, he was injured again. Not sure if he ever saw the field in FB, but was a Lefty starter for the baseball team

Merrill Henkel. .. football QB and baseball pitcher - graduated in '75, I believe. Remember he was often injured as a kid (we nicknamed him Merrill the Squirrel ) and when I bumped into him when I was interviewing at Wake, he was injured again. Not sure if he ever saw the field in FB, but was a Lefty starter for the baseball team

I posted Merle earlier in the thread. (fraternity brother)
Graduated in '77. You're right about injuries (knee) that kept him from playing football, but was a good pitcher.

Back