• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Punch Recipes

wfudkn

cookout = blabbermouth?
Reaction score
Ok Pit bosses, I'm hosting Thanksgiving for a bunch of folks and want to make a bigass batch of boozy punch. Anyone got any killer recipes they like?

Look up Baltimore Zoo....it tastes like punch...and punches like a 22yo Mike Tyson.

punch recipe? check out the ND football game and Iona basketball game right now.

are you wanting classy, or just boozy? I'm pretty sure hawaiian punch, everclear and lemonade powder mixed up in a bathtub would do the trick, but sounds like you might want something nicer.

1 750 milliliter bottle Finlandia Cranberry Fusion vodka, chilled
1/2 cup cranberry-flavored mixer, such as Roses Cocktail Infusions Cranberry Twist Mix, chilled
6 cups cranberry-raspberry juice, chilled
3 cups fresh orange juice, chilled
Juice of 1 lemon
1 orange, thinly sliced
8 ounces fresh or frozen raspberries
1 bottle sparkling wine, chilled

i've had a version of that before, it's pretty good, and the cranberries are fitting for t-giving.

here's something similar, too:

4 cups cranberry juice
2 cups vodka
2 cups fresh orange juice, strained
1/4 cup cherry liqueur
Pinch of ground allspice
Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Garnish: thin lemon slices

THose all look promising. I also just found a website with a bunch of mixologists in PDX showcasing various punch recipes, though I like the idea of a drink someone has had and can attest to.

The Baltimore Zoo drink was founded at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana (IN), somewhere in the 1990's. Purdue graduate of '97, Leon A. Bogucki, kindly described it as "a glorified Long Island Iced Tea without the coke", and "like drinking Kool-Aid". He also recalled "I remember it being the big thing right around 1995 ... I used to know the bartender that claimed he invented it". There are several variations, one of which is to replace the splash of beer with sprite. Leon also told us the best Baltimore Zoo's are served at Harry's Chocolate Shop in West Lafayette itself.

That is false....we were getting zooed in the mid-80s....

Scale ingredients to servings
1 shot vodka
1 shot light rum
1 shot gin
1 shot triple sec
1 shot Southern Comfort® peach liqueur
1 shot amaretto almond liqueur
1 shot grenadine syrup
1 dash sweet and sour mix
1 splash beer

Read more: Baltimore Zoo recipe http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink1026.html#ixzz2CWUXdjgG

Chatham Artillery Punch

NOVEMBER 21, 2011 6
To make 2.5 gallons

3 pints of Catawba wine
Pint of rum
Pint of gin
Pint of brandy
½ pint of Benedictine
Pint of Marashino Cherries
½ a pint of rye whiskey
2 pints of sweat tea
Pint of brown sugar
Pint of orange juice
Pint of lemon juice

let sit for 2 days then mix in glass with champagne.

Find this drink at The River House in Savannah, Georgia.

This thread makes me want to go to the zoo.

I can feed the giraffes!

Wienerpunsch:

3 liters of red wine
1 liter of water
0.25 liter of rum
0.75 liters orange juice
250g sugar
2 sticks of cinnamon, a few cloves
some orange peel

Serve very hot (a large coffee pot with a spout works great) in mugs.

The best punch I ever had was at a Christmas party hosted by philosophy prof Dr Lewis back when I was at MSD. It was non-alcoholic, but it had some foamy, frothy whipped cream type stuff on top that was awesome.

Sounds like the ginger ale and orange sherbert WF special.

The best punch I ever had was at a Christmas party hosted by philosophy prof Dr Lewis back when I was at MSD. It was non-alcoholic, but it had some foamy, frothy whipped cream type stuff on top that was awesome.

Thanks everyone. I think I've decided to go with a variation of the Artillery Punch. I found a recipe online that takes a new approach on it, and I'm going to take some tips from this book I have called "Imbibe" that goes through the history of cocktails, and has an Artillery Punch recipe similar to the one above. Finding the cawtaba wine is going to be a challenge, but the online version calls for simple red wine, so if I have to then that's what I'll go with. Came down to this or the Philly Fish House Punch (which my book describes as the greatest of all American punches), so I'll have to try that one soon.

Thanks everyone. I think I've decided to go with a variation of the Artillery Punch. I found a recipe online that takes a new approach on it, and I'm going to take some tips from this book I have called "Imbibe" that goes through the history of cocktails, and has an Artillery Punch recipe similar to the one above. Finding the cawtaba wine is going to be a challenge, but the online version calls for simple red wine, so if I have to then that's what I'll go with. Came down to this or the Philly Fish House Punch (which my book describes as the greatest of all American punches), so I'll have to try that one soon.

Calboose Cellars (in ANdrews, NC) makes one from this grape and they call it Catawba Wine.

If there are any muscadine vineyards/wineries in your area, call them and see if they grow and make a wine from the Catawba grape. The Catawba grape is a cross hybrid, but is primarily viewed as being within the muscadine family.

If you can't locate that, a similar grape is the noble (also muscadine). A lot of the NC wineries use this grape and you can find it in sweet and semi-sweet.

Back