• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

QB Tyler Cameron Gone from Wake FBall Team

Thanks Slim2.0, that's more like it. I would hope that Clawson would go after a post-grad QB for next year. We know he wouldn't bug out like Tyler.

Thanks Slim2.0, that's more like it. I would hope that Clawson would go after a post-grad QB for next year. We know he wouldn't bug out like Tyler.

Not sure a post grad who's any good is going to want to come here if he can't compete for the starting job. And to do that would be kind of a slap in the face of Wolford since he's been playing this whole year with a third rate offense. Just bring in freshmen and redshirt as many as necessary for the future.

If Scott had not started this season, would he have left us? Having half of your Master's degree paid for, just to hold a clipboard, sounds like a pretty good deal. If you think that you're that good, then go to an NFL camp.....and hold the clipboard for a couple of weeks.

If Scott had not started this season, would he have left us? Having half of your Master's degree paid for, just to hold a clipboard, sounds like a pretty good deal. If you think that you're that good, then go to an NFL camp.....and hold the clipboard for a couple of weeks.

Who is Scott? Why would you burn a scholarship on a guy who is going to be gone after one season who you don't plan to play? And if you are any good, you're not going to show it to anybody playing for Wake next year.

Maybe Wake can find a graduate student who is a quarterback to transfer in for next year. Looks like 1/3 of the Boston College is made up of graduate students. That has worked well for them this year. Maybe that is a route that Wake should explore more.

I think the job should be Hinton's to lose next spring, honestly.

I think the job should be Hinton's to lose next spring, honestly.

I don't know about his job to lose, but I think there is a good chance that Hinton wins the job. What Wake needs to find is a 3rd (emergency) QB to sit behind the runner-up in the Hinton-Wolford battle. Injuries happen. We need to be 3 deep.

Who is Scott? Why would you burn a scholarship on a guy who is going to be gone after one season who you don't plan to play? And if you are any good, you're not going to show it to anybody playing for Wake next year.

EJ Scott #17. He came in from UVa. We would be burning a scholarship (Sousa?) because we need a back-up for Wolford who is capable of saving our season if need be. It's a short term insurance policy. About 5 years ago Grobe did it with a soccer player after Swank graduated.

I don't know about his job to lose, but I think there is a good chance that Hinton wins the job. What Wake needs to find is a 3rd (emergency) QB to sit behind the runner-up in the Hinton-Wolford battle. Injuries happen. We need to be 3 deep.

+1

I agree with all of this.

Would the ideal scenario be to redshirt Hinton and then have him start post-Wolford?

Would the ideal scenario be to redshirt Hinton and then have him start post-Wolford?

Yes, in my opinion, starting another true freshman next year could hurt the team, red shirting Hinton gets them 2 years apart.

Yes, in my opinion, starting another true freshman next year could hurt the team, red shirting Hinton gets them 2 years apart.

That's silly. Play the best player.

I really like Wolford, and I am confident he will be the better player next season. It would be great to get Hinton the RS year.

I really like Wolford, and I am confident he will be the better player next season. It would be great to get Hinton the RS year.

i like Wolford a lot too - kid had been roughed up this season and still sits in the pocket and makes his reads. if we can figure out a way to protect him more, i think he will be a very good QB for wake in the coming years. Also agree with others, our lack of QB depth is a major concern - especially in the Spring - competition for playing time makes everyone better.

Really hope we show up and give Clemson a game tomorrow night and that it's not a repeat of 2 years ago when they blew us off the field.

Back