• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Quarterback Rating Against FSU

Oh the sophomore QB's name is Reid Herring.

Not sure what it means that our recruit got demoted by a guy whose name is one letter away from "red herring."
Haha, that's just awesome.

Remember, that our first priority at QB verballed to Vandy, despite the fact that it is clear that they are not even recruiting him at QB.

Our four year starting QB and his likely replacement combined for the lowest possible QB rating.

We have been simply amazing in our quarterback recruiting over the years. But I would read this post many times for all the information given as it is very pertinent as I have never seen a four year starter with this experience get a zero quarterback rating.

We pulled a Blutarski!!!! Guy's, we have returned to the Chuck Mills days.

Yo Numbers is Tanner still an ACC-calibar level QB?

Kid sucks. Always has, always will.

Yo Numbers is Tanner still an ACC-calibar level QB?

Kid sucks. Always has, always will.

Yes he still is. Failed to look away from a receiver on sample size one play. Got drilled from the blind side and then a corner jumped a route. That was an awful game but he's still acc caliber. Your obsession with Tanner sucking is a strange one and dates back like two and a half years. What's the deal there?

I've known for two and half years that Tanner was not going to lead us to shit, and designing an offensive around his perceived strengths would lead us to mediocrity.

He's a fucking gadget C-USA pass happy QB, and our team never had a chance to seriously compete playing that way.

I've known for two and half years that Tanner was not going to lead us to shit, and designing an offensive around his perceived strengths would lead us to mediocrity.

He's a fucking gadget C-USA pass happy QB, and our team never had a chance to seriously compete playing that way.

Blaming our recent woes on Tanner is so fucking misguided. I think you're a good guy, but it's like you go out of your way to be a douche.

Is this the worst 4 year stretch for football and basketball that the school has ever seen? Someone have a chart for that?

'72-'75 =7 wins, '72-'78 =14 wins. In '77 and '78, we won the first game and that was it. In '74, we lost to Wm & Mary and then had 5 straight shutouts. This 4 year stretch hurts more because expectations were higher.

Yes he still is. Failed to look away from a receiver on sample size one play. Got drilled from the blind side and then a corner jumped a route. That was an awful game but he's still acc caliber. Your obsession with Tanner sucking is a strange one and dates back like two and a half years. What's the deal there?

Isn't Tanner from Austin? Maybe he banged Brasky's gf or something.

Is this the worst 4 year stretch for football and basketball that the school has ever seen? Someone have a chart for that?

Baylor during the early 2000's was pretty bad even before the Patrick Dennehy scandal.

Last edited:

I was wondering the same thing . . .

For the 4 years Staak was here, bball was miserable but football at least had winning seasons in 87 (7-4) & 88(6-4-1 - damn it Appy!).

Yep. I did some looking into it and posted it on the recruiting thread about a month ago.

Lemar Harris got demoted from starter as a dual threat QB to a part time QB, possibly the option QB, shortly after he verballed.

The guy who replaced him is a sophomore who may be a high level prospect.

The Scout thread on Harris came up in a Google search. Interesting insights from very old school poster Deacin Durham. Good guy. Met up with him once or twice when I was in Durham.

I imagine Harris will play another position and we are still looking for a QB who will be overhyped and considered a potential four-year starter.

Facepalm

I actually had the data going back to 1973 in a spreadsheet from an old project, so I just added a few more years of data and threw together this chart which looks at it two ways, first weighting every W equally, and second weighting each sport equally. In short, it's not the worst 4-year stretch since 1973, but it is the worst since Ron was appointed AD in 1992.

y33q.jpg

You're going to have to explain that in small words. I hear line graphs ain't too popular round here.

smallbigtall, I'm not sure that I understand what the Y-axis indicates. Could you restate it as OVERALL ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE?

Back