• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question about D12 (potentially) to Clippers

I can if it lands them another stud. Dude will care more about rings 18 months from now than he will now. It will be his PR move of "devotion to the Lakers" and tbh he should do it as a thanks for not amnestying him.

With Howard getting the max from the Lakers (which should be $22.04M in year 2), and Steve Nash's existing deal ($9.7M), and the ten rookie cap holds ($8.5M) the Lakers will have $40.24 of their cap tied up in 2014. Assuming that the cap doesn't go up at all ($58.5), even if Kobe gives the Lakers a discount down to $10M that still only leaves them around $8M to spend.

With Howard getting the max from the Lakers (which should be $22.04M in year 2), and Steve Nash's existing deal ($9.7M), and the ten rookie cap holds ($8.5M) the Lakers will have $40.24 of their cap tied up in 2014. Assuming that the cap doesn't go up at all ($58.5), even if Kobe gives the Lakers a discount down to $10M that still only leaves them around $8M to spend.

Lakers aren't worried about spending money this offseason except to Dwight.

I think Howards year 2 salary is closer to $20 million, and 10 rookie cap holds are $4.9 million.

I think Howards year 2 salary is closer to $20 million, and 10 rookie cap holds are $4.9 million.

Howard's starting salary in 2013-2014 can be over $20.5M, which would put his year 2 numbers at around $22.05 (20.5M * 107.5%) - you're closer that I am about the cap holds though, as this article put it at $507K each. Still, that only gives the Lakers a few extra million but not enough to land another max contract player even if they get Kobe at the $10M discount.

Howard's starting salary in 2013-2014 can be over $20.5M, which would put his year 2 numbers at around $22.05 (20.5M * 107.5%) - you're closer that I am about the cap holds though, as this article put it at $507K each. Still, that only gives the Lakers a few extra million but not enough to land another max contract player even if they get Kobe at the $10M discount.

Oh yeah, it's based on his current amount he's being paid, so Dwight can get a 117M contract where Chris can only get a 108M one. Was using the 108 for dwight. I THINK its the $490k from my reading of coon's FAQ the other day.

•A cap hold called an "incomplete roster charge" if the team has fewer than 12 players (players under contract, free agents included in team salary, players given offer sheets, and first round draft picks). This charge is equal to the rookie minimum salary for each player fewer than 12. For example, if there are 11 players included in team salary, then an amount equal to the rookie minimum salary is added to the team salary2; if the roster is completely empty, then 12 times the rookie minimum salary is added to the team salary. This charge only applies during the offseason.

Once they play one year it jumps from $490 to $788

Last edited:
Oh yeah, it's based on his current amount he's being paid, so Dwight can get a 117M contract where Chris can only get a 108M one. Was using the 108 for dwight.

Yeah, Dwight can make more because he's been in the league longer and was drafter higher overall.

Back