• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question for 20 plus year Wake fans??

I feel much like I did after the Miami game last year. I'm happy for the players to get a big win but I can't help but feel a sense of dread about what it means for Buzz's future.

Hey, this was Buzz' "second signature win" according to Jay Will.

I was thinking that a normal UNC team would crush a Wake team that shoots free throws like we do and is weak on the boards. It's obvious to me that UNC, as usual, was ranking on reputation, not skill. We are better than the last few seasons but not that much. We'll see what happens when we hit the ACC road.

But I do have quite a few Carolina friends who are beside themselves that Roy lost to Bz. There is a silver lining to all this.

I was thinking that a normal UNC team would crush a Wake team that shoots free throws like we do and is weak on the boards. It's obvious to me that UNC, as usual, was ranking on reputation, not skill. We are better than the last few seasons but not that much. We'll see what happens when we hit the ACC road.

But I do have quite a few Carolina friends who are beside themselves that Roy lost to Bz. There is a silver lining to all this.

They did have wins vs 3 top 20 teams heading into our game last night, including a double digit win @ MSU.

They did have wins vs 3 top 20 teams heading into our game last night, including a double digit win @ MSU.

Maybe those teams aren't as good as advertised either. But it's more likely we just caught them at a really good time. They stunk the place up last night.

Maybe those teams aren't as good as advertised either. But it's more likely we just caught them at a really good time. They stunk the place up last night.

Yep- They were awful. The tar holes must have thought they were going to an AFAM class, cause they sure didn't show up.

But who cares why we beat them? Its a win over RoyGod and the media's beloved tar holes. Buzz beat Roy. That is something to rub in the faces of all those sanctimonious tar holes and laugh as they realize how truly awful that is.

Go To Hell, Carolina! Go To Hell!

images

images

I can't take credit for it, but Bzz is Hank Kimble from Green Acres.

Weirdest/ worse Wake win against Carolina you've ever seen? It is for me.

Weirdest was probably the 1973 first round of the ACCT. Worst was never.

Although I didn't see it , only heard it.

Last edited:
Amazing the difference between that 3OT game they showed the flashback of vs. this game. 10 years ago I would have been on cloud 9 after a win. After tonight's game, I barely had any more joy than if I had just watched Minnesota beat Purdue or any other random game. That's what so shocking about all this- the absolute apathy, even after beating Carolina. It's amazing.

That's because your complete obsession with [Redacted] has programmed your mind to feel that way.

Detox and enjoy this win.

Believe it or not, Roy was just outcoached by Buzz last night. Roy's not a good Xs and Os guy, but who would have thought that Buzz could outcoach someone? We finished a couple of plays that were drawn up off TOs, and Roy didn't have the common sense to force his team to pound the ball inside.

Believe it or not, Roy was just outcoached by Buzz last night. Roy's not a good Xs and Os guy, but who would have thought that Buzz could outcoach someone? We finished a couple of plays that were drawn up off TOs, and Roy didn't have the common sense to force his team to pound the ball inside.

Roy was outcoached by Battle/Larue/Chill.

Bzz didn't even know that at halftime we were being outrebounded 34-16 by the Holes.:tard:

I have been a huge Bz outer for 2 full years now but credit for a good win has to be given where it is due. Kids played hard and defended well. If we had made any semblance of free throws the game never would have been in doubt. Now let's see if we can build on it. In years past we were miserable after a big win.

Back