• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Question for 20 plus year Wake fans??

Jan 1988, Wake 83 #3 UNC 80.

Staak's 3rd of 4 years at Wake. We went 3-11 in the ACC but beat #20 State and #3 UNC.

Jay Williams early in the 1st half: "Wake fans calling for [Redacted] to be fired are absurd. Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes time to rebuild"

Fan since '76. Always happy to beat the holes and our guys fought hard.
The depth of our coach's cluenessness however was evident during his halftime comment that what he liked most was our rebounding(Negative 18 for the half)...and just prior to that the announcers couldn't believe how much we were hammered on the glass. Dino, meanwhile back in studio, didn't miss an opportunity to point that out....too ironic.
Nice win, but Bzzzz is fried and clueless and has to go away.

Jay Williams early in the 1st half: "Wake fans calling for [Redacted] to be fired are absurd. Rome wasn't built in a day. It takes time to rebuild"

Remember in the early 2000's when Dook Vitale told everyone on a nightly basis that Jay Williams was going to med school?
Yeah, he dropped out of undergrad after three years, wrecked himself on a motorcycle, and now spouts insanity for ESPN.

Remember in the early 2000's when Dook Vitale told everyone on a nightly basis that Jay Williams was going to med school?
Yeah, he dropped out of undergrad after three years, wrecked himself on a motorcycle, and now spouts insanity for ESPN.

A lot of parallels between Jay Williams and Tim Tebow's debut tomorrow although not any of those things except perhaps the last one.

Fuck you, Ron Wellman. Fuck you. Never in my life did I think I'd hear my wife make reference to the "Carolina section" at Joel Coliseum. I fucking hate you.

Give the team credit. UNC has much superior talent and size. Out team out-gutted them. Considering our youth and lack of top talent, I actually think it was one of Wake's best wins against Carolina.

of course you do

Nobody is complaining about the win, just the overall state of the program. It will take more than one win over Carolina to bring the program back.

Fan since '76. Always happy to beat the holes and our guys fought hard.
The depth of our coach's cluenessness however was evident during his halftime comment that what he liked most was our rebounding(Negative 18 for the half)...and just prior to that the announcers couldn't believe how much we were hammered on the glass. Dino, meanwhile back in studio, didn't miss an opportunity to point that out....too ironic.
Nice win, but Bzzzz is fried and clueless and has to go away.
You go my man

Always nice to beat UNC. Not that it was a well played game. UNC was turning it over and didn't get back on D, and we couldn't hit FTs or hit the glass, so fundamentals were sorely lacking on both sides. I found myself turning it back and forth with the golf in Hawaii.

Edited to add whoever was doing color made that game unlistenable. Was that Jay Williams?

It was Jay, and he read every AD talking point. I turned the sound down when he talked about how much losing Daniel Green meant to the team.

It was Jay, and he read every AD talking point. I turned the sound down when he talked about how much losing Daniel Green meant to the team.

Yep but he got confused about the actual number of sophomores on our team. At one point he said 13.

HA! I heard that too.

He announces about as well as he rides vehicles with 2 wheels.

Back