• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Quick free legal advice question

my atty once told me: "anything you ever write in your life, expect that to come up in a courtroom someday, somewhere.

Here's a trick I'd like to pass on.

When you're writing an e-mail that you know might not be received well, don't put anyone in the To: field. Write the e-mail. Proof it, and save it. Wait a few minutes, come back, read it again and if you're still happy, put the recipient in the To: field and send it.

Dear Mr. Burns,

I'm so happy you enjoyed my son's blood...

excellent advice about filling in the "to:" field last...ive seen accidental sends they're not pretty.

Just call her. Better yet tell her to go fuck herself to her face.

Its not like whatever you're fighting about is important enough that she will take the stand at some future trial.

End it like this:

6846092.gif

Are there any potential negative consequences with ending a business email telling someone to "fuck off"? There is reasonable chance this will end up in a lawsuit at some point, so other than maybe looking like a hothead, any reason not to blast someone?

Thanks in advance.

We would like you to send this email with the "fuck off" language included. Also, we want you to post your entire email exchange, as well as any future emails.

I am assuming this is a small business or possibly you are the sole employee. If you work for someone else it is definitely not a good idea. Wait 15 minutes and think about it first.

Imagine yourself sitting on the witness stand reading it to a jury. If you're cool with it, send it, if not, reconsider.

Don't be juvenile. End your email with something like this:

Finally, this email summarizes our recent communications about this dispute.
Usually, I do not feel the need to confirm telephone conversations, but
can you please respond to this email, confirming receipt? I
know that this my be an imposition, but I want to make sure that
you and I are on the same page as to what we discussed.
On the other hand, if you disagree with my summary, please tell me your
understanding of where things stand.

Cordially,

Jeff Fatt

I think you should take up a collection and get a billboard or at least a bus bench near this person's office/business.

Don't be juvenile. End your email with something like this:

Finally, this email summarizes our recent communications about this dispute.
Usually, I do not feel the need to confirm telephone conversations, but
can you please respond to this email, confirming receipt? I
know that this my be an imposition, but I want to make sure that
you and I are on the same page as to what we discussed.
On the other hand, if you disagree with my summary, you can suck my dick.

Cordially,

Jeff Fatt

FIFY

Back