• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Quick help from the Pit - Flying sans License

DaDeacs

Dickie Hemric
Reaction score
I have a flight today at 12:30 and I forgot that my drivers license is expired (recently moved, have been lazy about getting it updated).

Does anyone know if I can still get by security with my expired license?

I lost my license in the airport and had to go through a bunch of extra security.

I've gotten through without any ID before (I forgot it in my car that I parked at a friend's house). They just said I would have to go through extra security to get on the plane. (But when the guy saw I was flying to Chicago, he just asked if I was a Cubs or a Sox fan. When I said Cubs, I got to go straight through. Haha.)

I lost my license in the airport and had to go through a bunch of extra security.

Remember that time you dropped your phone on the floor in the stall at the airport and it slid under the next stall and you used your foot to retrieve it, but the dude in the next stall thought you were tapping for a blumpkin? Now that was funny.

But they let you through? That is all I care about, I am getting to the airport a couple hours in advance, I have 5 credit cards, and a couple of other cards that have my picture (costco, sams club cards) - was hoping that will get me through.

I'd show up with your expired one. If they notice they'll make you do extra security and stuff but I'm fairly certain they'll let you fly.

I've gotten through without any ID before (I forgot it in my car that I parked at a friend's house). They just said I would have to go through extra security to get on the plane. (But when the guy saw I was flying to Chicago, he just asked if I was a Cubs or a Sox fan. When I said Cubs, I got to go straight through. Haha.)

Oddly enough, I am a cubs fan - however I am going to Vegas, maybe they will still take pity on me?

oooh yeah. that could be a bitch if you're renting a car. hopefully you have one of those go-straight-to-car deals like hertz presidents circle or whatever. that shit is the bomb.

Old enough not to get carded in Vegas? I think a pit boss is more likely to look at the expiration date than the TSA.

oooh yeah. that could be a bitch if you're renting a car. hopefully you have one of those go-straight-to-car deals like hertz presidents circle or whatever. that shit is the bomb.

Yeah Hertz Gold is awesome. especially if you're going somewhere like Orlando where everyone and their brother is renting a car.

Remember that time you dropped your phone on the floor in the stall at the airport and it slid under the next stall and you used your foot to retrieve it, but the dude in the next stall thought you were tapping for a blumpkin? Now that was funny.

:laugh:

Back