• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

R.I.P. Chuck Berry

...we just gonna gloss over him being kind of a scumbag, huh?

giphy.gif

oh man

spent some time on the tunnels today

he's completely lost it

that or it's a weird troll

so i guess more of the same from him then

He did play at Wait Chapel in September, 1972. And he used 3 students to back him up. Don't recall who they were. Great concert!

Sha Na Na also played at the chapel that year, but it was the relatively unknown opening act that stole the show. Anyone (RJK batsignal) remember who that was?

I saw Sha Na Na, but don't remember the opening act.

Hall and Oates. Darryl played a Steinway and John IIRC mostly acoustic guitar. I'd never heard of them and I doubt many others had, but in particular "Fall in Philadelphia" and "Lilly(Are You Happy)" were enough had the Wait crowd as loud and enthusiastic for any group I saw in my 4 years.

Sha Na Na also played at the chapel that year, but it was the relatively unknown opening act that stole the show. Anyone (RJK batsignal) remember who that was?

Hall and Oates....I didn't see your answer. They hung out with us and were amazed at opening for Sha Na Na.

Back