• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Raleigh Apartments, and experiences?

richis711

Go Deacs!
Reaction score
Raleigh Apartments, Any experiences?

Does anyone have any good/ bad experiences with apartments in Raleigh? I'm looking for something as close as possible to Campbell Law school. It doesn't have to be extremely nice, but I don't want to live in a shit hole either.

I've been looking at several online, but I thought I'd try to get some honest opinions from any Raleigh area folks.

Last edited:
I just moved in to a new apartment in Raleigh so here's the ones I toured and liked (and I have pretty discerning taste when it comes to living arrangements lol) ... FYI the majority are in North Raleigh since that's where I work

-Hue downtown:would be close to Campbell Law School and brand new with stainless steel appliances, hardwood floors etc., walking distance from a lot of nightlife
-Manor Six Forks: also brand new, close to North Hills, easy access to downtown/CLS and an awesome pool & outdoor area, free cable and great gym
-Alta Verde: also close to North Hills, free wi-fi, nice parking garage, fairly new
- The Tribute: on Glenwood, close to Crabtree, really nice gym, brand new, run a lot of specials

happy hunting!

Check out Auston Grove. I lived there for three years. The staff is really, really great and the apartments are pretty nice. It's on the East side of the city (only takes about 10 minutes to get to downtown where CU law school is), and is really convenient to 440 and 540.

I can give you some contact info if you want.

www.austongroveliving.com

thanks for the suggestions so far, I've been working through them and could really see myself in about any of these places

Are you going to Campbell next year??? I'm a 2L and will be glad to have more deacons around if that's the case! I live at the Beckanna, which is on Glenwood near the mall, just inside the beltline. I think the apartments are pretty nice for the price, and only a 10 minute drive to school during the morning commute. If you are looking for places really close to downtown, a lot of students live at 712 Tucker, which is very nice but also pretty expensive. The same goes for Oberlin Court. I would put the Hue in that same category, although it has the advantage in that it is only a block from school .

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Are you going to Campbell next year??? I'm a 2L and will be glad to have more deacons around if that's the case! I live at the Beckanna, which is on Glenwood near the mall, just inside the beltline. I think the apartments are pretty nice for the price, and only a 10 minute drive to school during the morning commute. If you are looking for places really close to downtown, a lot of students live at 712 Tucker, which is very nice but also pretty expensive. The same goes for Oberlin Court. I would put the Hue in that same category, although it has the advantage in that it is only a block from school .

I am about 95% on campbell unless I get in at unc. I might PM you some general questions if that is ok.

WFfb - you don't happen to know anybody that is subleasing this summer do you? I'm doing my first half internship in Raleigh and I still need to find a place to live

I have a friend who will be working in Wilmington this summer and might be interested in sub-leasing, I'll look into it for you.

I used to live in the neighborhood behind Beckanna between Glenwood and Ridge Rd on Corbin St. That was my first house.

I also lived in Sedgewood Green off of Duraleigh Road and Trinity Place near C-F Stadium when they were both brand new. Of course all of this was about 17-19 years ago, so things change, but the house on Corbin Street looks about the same.

I absolutely love that neighborhood right behind me! I try my best to take a run or walk through there on nice days. Neighborhoods like that are what really made me fall in love with Raleigh. I love that the city offers completely suburban neighborhoods where you can let your kids run around and play with the neighbors after school, but also has all the resources you would expect from a capital city. :h34rt:

We were on the corner of Corbin and Manuel in a brick ranch with three big plate glass windows on the front and a carport. And yes, the kids roamed the neighborhood like street urchins. They thought I was cool because I was only twelve years older than they were and I had a SEGA. I eventually got tired of them coming by so when they asked for something to drink I told them to have some water out of the hose.

I used to run up through there and then over to Blenheim, work through Glen Eden and over to Dixie Trail and then back down Ridge Road.

I am about 95% on campbell unless I get in at unc. I might PM you some general questions if that is ok.

I'm a Campbell grad also (although not the law school). Cool to know there are a few more CU folks around on the new boards :)

Did they move Campbell? Do a lot of people live in Ral and drive there? (Of course, unless the creek has changed, I knew people that lived in Fayettville and drove there).. Just didn't realize/think it was close to Ral.

Did they move Campbell? Do a lot of people live in Ral and drive there? (Of course, unless the creek has changed, I knew people that lived in Fayettville and drove there).. Just didn't realize/think it was close to Ral.

The law school moved to Raleigh from buies creek about 3 years ago. Really nice new facility right down the street from the state capital.

Back