• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Raleigh Apartments, and experiences?

The law school moved to Raleigh from buies creek about 3 years ago. Really nice new facility right down the street from the state capital.

They did this because of the lack of law offices in and around Buies Creek. The school outgrew what the community could support. Don't be surprised if some of the other professional programs do the same in the next 10 years.

I do have some friends though who live in Raleigh and commute to go to Pharmacy school every day. It's about a 40 minute drive if you live on the eastern side of Wake county.

The new location really is great. I saw a statistic the other that said said externship placement increased something like 230% since the move to Raleigh.

I have recently shopped all the "infill" and new apartments in Raleigh that are at the higher end of the scale in terms of rent (starting about $900 for a 1BR). The best values for nice/location are probably the Alexan at North Hills, and Manor Six Forks. The Hue is overpriced, 712 Tucker is offering no rent concessions, Park and Market is the highest in town, and Oberlin Court is full/no rent concessions as well. I would also consider contacting The Glenwood Agency to see if there are any investor Condo's for rent (there are several hundred) inside the beltline.

I used to live in Cottages on Grant (IBL). They're a dump but the price was right: 2br/1ba for $735 (or so).

Got your PM richis, thanks a bunch.

I'm definitely curious to check out the new Campbell law school while I'm working in Raleigh this summer. A friend of mine who's from Raleigh said it is a pretty sweet facility.

I have recently shopped all the "infill" and new apartments in Raleigh that are at the higher end of the scale in terms of rent (starting about $900 for a 1BR). The best values for nice/location are probably the Alexan at North Hills, and Manor Six Forks. The Hue is overpriced, 712 Tucker is offering no rent concessions, Park and Market is the highest in town, and Oberlin Court is full/no rent concessions as well. I would also consider contacting The Glenwood Agency to see if there are any investor Condo's for rent (there are several hundred) inside the beltline.

I have friends who live at the Alexan and love the convenience. If you're into hockey, several members of the Hurricanes live there too.

If you're going to be in Raleigh and want someone to take you around or grab a beer with, shoot me a line some time.

Back