• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Raleigh Brunch Recs?

DapperDan

Reaction score
Anyone got any brunch recs for Raleigh? Meeting my parents up there on Sunday. Preferably somewhere downtown that takes reservations. I know Poole's is the spot, but I don't want to wait an hour for a table.

Cantina 18 has great Steak and Eggs. It's a Mexican style of restaurant, but the brunch has been great when I've been.

Go to a real city.

#thingsmoonsays

Go to Poole's. All other brunch spots are a distant second.

And your new name is lame.

I'm not sure that any of the above places take brunch reservations. I know the Farmer's Market Restaurant doesn't, but it is good eatin'.

We really like Humble Pie, and they take reservations. Quirky place and most of the servers have tats, spiked hair, etc., but good,friendly service and lots of families and after-church people in addition to the I-just-crawled-out-of-bed crowd. Food and prices are o.k. (nothing extraordinary but very acceptable), so go for the relaxed atmosphere (inside and out dining) and the great mix of people. At noon sharp on Sundays the head bartender blows a conch shell and announces "bar's open!", that kind of place.

NOFO at the Pig had a good brunch, but it's been a couple of years since I was there.

I second NOFO. Good spot for brunch, but small. Prepare to wait on a Sunday or other typically busy time.

I definiltey second the farmers market.

If you live/are staying near Strickland/Creedmoor Rd. go to Briggs. Eggs benedict is incredible. They have specials where you can get it with crab cakes/prime rib/etc.

Just like what everyone else has said, Farmer's Market is really good. I also like Big Ed's and Tir Na Nog (an irish bar) is surprisingly delicious at brunch as well. Poole's Diner may be my top selection though-- so so good.

Went to Flying Biscuit last week. Quite good.

I definiltey second the farmers market.

If you live/are staying near Strickland/Creedmoor Rd. go to Briggs. Eggs benedict is incredible. They have specials where you can get it with crab cakes/prime rib/etc.

mmmm Briggs. The original is in Cary, I forget about their second location.
Flying Biscuit is delicious as well, good mention Ph.

Went to Briggs last time I was in Raleigh.

Had chicken fried steak, collard greens, home fries, and grilled mac and cheese and lots of biscuits. Great eating.

Back