• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RBs

AsheboroDeacon

Reaction score
Does anyone know why we are not rotating our backs more. Pendergrass is an experienced senior who runs very hard. He may not have the homerun potential that Harris has but he is a much harder runner breaks tackles and is a good change of pace. I just think he deserves some touches and I'm wondering if there is a reason he isn't getting any.

Agree 100% Ash - It also seems many of Josh's habits became telegraphed today by his pattern of cutting right at line and running wide. A smaller, lower Pendergrass may have been more effective between the tackles too (if nothing else, by getting lost below big guys).

Staff is maintaining its tradition of underutilizing backs during their senior year. See Harris, Kevin and Adams, Josh

I'm surprised Pendergrass didn't get much time today, since he got more than I expected last week. Maybe Harris is a better pass blocker? Not sure, but I would like to see him out there for at least a couple series a game.

I wondered this after the first series as well. We could have used Pendergrass's physicality.

We run out of the shotgun, which is stupid and essentially relies on the back making some cuts in the backfield. Harris is the best at doing this.

I'm not proposing that we bench Harris just wondering why we haven't rotated more. When we have a good backup that has a differerent style than our starter. Really just wondering if he is in the dog house or something. His pass blocking has not kept him on the bench for the past 3 seasons so I dont know why it would now. I don't see harris as especially deft at picking up blitzers either. Not trying to knock him just saying.

BP easily could have had a touchdown yesterday if Tanner hadn't made a bad throw. I do think BP should have gotten some carries yesterday. Thought he ran very well against Syracuse and Josh looked gassed at times yesterday. Although, Josh had some really good runs late in the game. I am sure BP will get plenty of carries next week.

I'm happy that we are finally letting a RB try to get into a rhythm instead of switching them every series. Bring BP in during the third with some fresh legs and to give JRoc a rest for the 4th.

I'm happy that we are finally letting a RB try to get into a rhythm instead of switching them every series. Bring BP in during the third with some fresh legs and to give JRoc a rest for the 4th.

I agree...I'm not a fan of switching every series like we have done in the past just here and there for a breather to keep JRoc fresh.

I agree...I'm not a fan of switching every series like we have done in the past just here and there for a breather to keep JRoc fresh.

Agree. After the play where Josh ended up in the state kicking net...he was clearly winded & needed a break. Was shocked when BP didn't check in

Same reason we're not rotating Tanner and Stachitas this year.

Back