• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

RBs

While we're talking abour RBs, I wuold like to see Ben Emert get a chance or two to run the ball while he's giving ToBo a break. Emert is not quite as big as ToBo, but he's faster (ran a 4.5 in HS). Think he could be another good horse in our stable of running backs.

I'm glad that we actually gave ToBo the ball yesterday a couple of times. He is an underutilized guy. He can plow over people and is hard to tackle in the open field. We should run him or throw to him more often.

next time you have a thought....just don't

That's the reason.

If you can't recognize that Josh Harris is simply a level above Pendergrass I don't know what to tell you.

Brandon's had some great moments as a Deacon and I hope he continues to knock out a good series or 3rd down conversion when giving Josh a breather, but you don't platoon a guy like Josh Harris. He's an elite talent.

Harris may not be putting up yards yet this season, but teams know they have to respect him despite running out of the gun all the time. It opens up the field for Tanner. Sooner or later when teams have to drop back into coverage he's going to punish them for it.

I'm glad that we actually gave ToBo the ball yesterday a couple of times. He is an underutilized guy. He can plow over people and is hard to tackle in the open field. We should run him or throw to him more often.

Except on third and two late in the game - bad call. I agree it was odd not to see BP get a few carries, particularly after his play v Syracuse, but I do generally like sticking with one primary TB for 2/3 plus of the carries.

Last edited:
That's the reason.

If you can't recognize that Josh Harris is simply a level above Pendergrass I don't know what to tell you.

Brandon's had some great moments as a Deacon and I hope he continues to knock out a good series or 3rd down conversion when giving Josh a breather, but you don't platoon a guy like Josh Harris. He's an elite talent.

Harris may not be putting up yards yet this season, but teams know they have to respect him despite running out of the gun all the time. It opens up the field for Tanner. Sooner or later when teams have to drop back into coverage he's going to punish them for it.

If you actually took time to read the thread you would see that I am not in favor of a platoon situation but just Pendergrass getting SOME carries to give Harris a breather and keep him fresh. Everyone does this look at alabama they dont run richardson every play they give him a break to keep him fresh.

If you actually took time to read the thread you would see that I am not in favor of a platoon situation but just Pendergrass getting SOME carries to give Harris a breather and keep him fresh. Everyone does this look at alabama they dont run richardson every play they give him a break to keep him fresh.

You asked why we weren't "rotating our backs more" and I gave you the answer.

No need to be a dick about it. I hope Pendergrass steps up when needed but the truth is his opportunities are going to be minimal whenever we go as pass heavy as we did against NC State - and that's obviously the strength of the team.

The reason is that unless Josh is tired, Pendergrass doesn't do anything better than Josh.

If you're going to ask a question and only have a few answers that are acceptable to you, why not list them ahead of time so everyone will know what is and isn't allowed on your thread.

:rulz:

Really only smartass answers like the same reason we don't rotate Stachitis with Price arent welcome.

BP should get every third series at the least. I wasn't that high on him after the Navy game last year but when i saw him this past spring and through the summer it was clear to me that he put a lot of work in and slimmed down, increased his speed and was hitting the hole that he was supposed to hit. Jroc can house it at any time but i do think he doesn't finish runs and i also question his vision. He had some horrible pass blocking in the Cuse game as well. BP is a 5th year senior that has paid his dues and is a baller. Give him every third series and see what he does with it. Grobe said last week after the Cuse game that "we should have given BP more carries in this game" then they come out against State and limit his touches even more?

Really only smartass answers like the same reason we don't rotate Stachitis with Price arent welcome.

It wasn't a smartass answer.

It's the same reason. Last year there wasn't as big a talent gap between Stachitas and Price, just as their wasn't as big a gap between Josh and Brandon.

Now there is, on both accounts.

Maybe you and your 11 posts should hold off on insulting posters who have been here for years. Especially posters that in general are attacked for being overly positive about our teams and players.

one this board hasn't been around for years. two this is why i rarely post because there is always some smartass who thinks because they post alot they can be an ass to everyone else and try and start a pissing contest. Fine you win.

one this board hasn't been around for years. two this is why i rarely post because there is always some smartass who thinks because they post alot they can be an ass to everyone else and try and start a pissing contest. Fine you win.

I wasn't being an ass or being disrespectful. If that's the kind of post that's going to get your panties in a bunch then you shouldn't be here.

And this board has been around for over a decade, no matter what software or server hosts it. I don't know what point you think you're making, outside of making yourself look foolish.

I wasn't being an ass or being disrespectful. If that's the kind of post that's going to get your panties in a bunch then you shouldn't be here.

And this board has been around for over a decade, no matter what software or server hosts it. I don't know what point you think you're making, outside of making yourself look foolish.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=192&up=AsheboroDeacon

Asheboro has been a good poster for a few years now. I hope you're not discouraging him from posting on OGB more often.

BP easily could have had a touchdown yesterday if Tanner hadn't made a bad throw. I do think BP should have gotten some carries yesterday. Thought he ran very well against Syracuse and Josh looked gassed at times yesterday. Although, Josh had some really good runs late in the game. I am sure BP will get plenty of carries next week.

Exactly. When Josh went down with a cramp? I though we would get a healthy dose of BP. But, I was pleasantly surprised as how Josh got stronger in the 4th qtr. That might have been the most positive thing to come out of the game. Harris getting dinged, staying in, and playing better as the game went on.

Exactly. When Josh went down with a cramp? I though we would get a healthy dose of BP. But, I was pleasantly surprised as how Josh got stronger in the 4th qtr. That might have been the most positive thing to come out of the game. Harris getting dinged, staying in, and playing better as the game went on.

Pretty funnyt that when that happened, Brando started to run in and the coach grabbed him and made Josh stay in. Worked out pretty well.

Back