• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Realistically, what gets better by the UNC game?

Play calling hasn't improved in 10 years and I see no indication that it will.

I do think our O-Line improves and our defense finds some rhythm against UNC. I foresee a loss but I do see our players trying to win
despite our OC.

I think Grobe took a page from the world of boxing and this was all some elaborate rope-a-dope designed to lull UNC into a false sense of confidence.
I gotta believe!

I seriously hope this was a case of opening day jitters. I'd love to think this could be a year where we play our best football at the end of the year, not the beginning (although with this schedule, we'll need it sooner rather than later...).

I do think we will play better football at the end of the year building up to next year the opposite of our recent trends. Secondary will definitely be better next week as we get an all ACC corner back and I am glad because Kenny got very lucky on that one pass. OL will improve throughout the year, but it will not be enough this year. D will improve if the O gives them time to rest.

Gotta hope Carolina doesn't improve too.

The question is pretty interesting: how will the opening week impact the thinking of the players on UNC and Wake? Just about anything is possible. Will the Wake players treat the game with Liberty as a Wake-up call? Will the Wake players be discouraged by their result against Liberty? Will the Wake players be intimidated by the UNC-Elon score? Will the traditional "gotta beat Carolina above all else" motivate the Wake players? Will the Carolina players subconsciously ease up on their concentration once they see the Wake-Liberty score and not take Wake as seriously as they might? Will stomping Elon lead to a less serious preparation for Wake? Put simply: based on what happened week one, who will be able to focus on their week two opponent better?

How will last year's Wake-Carolina fiasco play in the Wake players' minds. Will last year's romp also help to cause Carolina's players to take Wake lightly?

I hope the players thought they could just show up for Liberty. Also, a lot of our guys get fired up playing against Carolina. That is the only thing that leaves me with any hope right now though

I hope the players thought they could just show up for Liberty. Also, a lot of our guys get fired up playing against Carolina. That is the only thing that leaves me with any hope right now though

I think that is the case. The vets from last year have shown more energy than they did yesterday. I think the weather and underestimating Liberty almost killed us. Liberty out for blood, our players just wanted to leave it seemed like. The only players who seemed excited were the new starters. Kinal, Marshall, and Dre all looked fantastic.

Realistically... hopefully Lobo gets his shit together. (Probably not.) The players will actually show some energy. More fans. Better fan ratio (which makes a big difference.)

I hope the players take yesterday as a wake-up call.

We need Tanner to get back to form, quickly. He was piss poor yesterday.

I don't think Tanner was that bad at all. He was 16-28 but had 4 or 5 drops in there, plus I distinctly remember three times the ball got batted at the line (on him to get the ball up more though). I thought he was a little antsy but not too bad.

As Grobe would say, the "throw game" should improve. Tanner wasn't quite his usually very good self. The o-line remains a huge question mark. I hope the first live game action helped.

Yeah, I don't get the hate on Tanner. When he had time, he was dead on.

Back