• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Realistically, what gets better by the UNC game?

Yeah, I don't get the hate on Tanner. When he had time, he was dead on.

So you didn't see the 2 bubble screens he threw in the dirt, or the 2 medium side line passes he threw 3 feet over the heads of his receivers, or the short pass he sailed left of camp that should have gone to his right shoulder? Tanner had way more shitty passes then he had drops, he cost us at least 3 sure fire first-downs that I counted

Tanner did miss some throws and wasn't at his best last night. However, he faced pressure off the snap nearly every throw and had to throw on the run a lot which is not his strength. He is more of a classic drop back pocket passer. At least one of the screens he threw in the ground were intentional to not get the reciever killed. IMO it just wasn't there. I do agree there is much room for improvement.

What can get better?

Hopefully attendance!

The teams entrance.

Once the ball is kicked off....I"m not sure.

Let's see, our last two home games (Vandy 7-41) and Liberty (20-17) were two complete rotten eggs. No emotion, no leadership, and the football CEO has little to offer in explanation. The players have a part in this, but the coaching needs a jolt. I'm getting a little tired of being asked for more $$$ at each turn. The product is not good.

We need Tanner to get back to form, quickly. He was piss poor yesterday.

Tanner was not that bad any one could and see the rain was messing him and others up in the first half. Throws were slipping out of his hand, Camp was sliding on runs and cuts. WAAAAAAYYYY to many dropped balls even after it dried up.

What can get better?

Hopefully attendance!

The teams entrance.

Once the ball is kicked off....I"m not sure.

I agree. IMO our teams entrance is flat out dull. I respect the whole gate thing, and the race car/motorcycle tradition, but something has to be done to enhance the excitement of our team running onto the field. This should be a time when everyone is fired up. Ours is a very subdued entrance, very little life or excitement at all.

Last edited:
Coaches could help by firing the team up and showing some emotion. Snot bubbles have turned into a drippy, runny nose since the OB. We have mailed it in far too often and it begins with JG. We need more passion and emotion.

I agree. IMO our teams entrance is flat out dull. I respect the whole gate thing, and the race car/motorcycle tradition, but something has to be done to enhance the excitement of our team running onto the field. This should be a time when everyone is fired up. Ours is a very subdued entrance, very little life or excitement at all.

There were video issues with the team entrance....for some reason the intro video would not play so a we had to resort to an alternative plan. It was obviously not as energetic as it would have been. Yesterday's game plan was completely vanilla....only doing what was necessary to get the win....which occurred. I believe we only blitzed late in the 3rd quarter & 4th just a couple of times & they were effective. Next week, we will scheme to win, not just have our athletes show up.

The offensive line has to get better don't they? Wouldn't one think that a big improvement ought to take place from game one to game two especially where the offensive line is concerned.

There were video issues with the team entrance....for some reason the intro video would not play so a we had to resort to an alternative plan. It was obviously not as energetic as it would have been. Yesterday's game plan was completely vanilla....only doing what was necessary to get the win....which occurred. I believe we only blitzed late in the 3rd quarter & 4th just a couple of times & they were effective. Next week, we will scheme to win, not just have our athletes show up.

I don't think that was UNC's philosophy against Elon.

I don't think that was UNC's philosophy against Elon.

Given what we have seen from Coach Grobe over the years, is this surprising? Fedora has to get the attention off of the academic scandal & prove himself in his first game as the head coach of UNC-CHeat while Coach Grobe has never been one to "rub another team's face in it." Never has been his philosophy. I would have love to have had a greater margin of victory but it just didn't happen. O-line is gonna be a suspect...we all know that. Hopefully, we show significant improvement, Carolina comes in overconfident & we play to win...not just get by.

Our ability to polish a turd, as demonstrated on this thread, rivals that of Wellman.

To answer the question posed by the OP: my wing rub. Needs a little less salt and some ancho chile.

It seemed like we played without much emotion or fire. I'm hopeful that the return of Bud Noel will change that.

Yesterday's game plan was completely vanilla....only doing what was necessary to get the win....which occurred. I believe we only blitzed late in the 3rd quarter & 4th just a couple of times & they were effective. Next week, we will scheme to win, not just have our athletes show up.

I know you want to believe this, but really? We were never in control of this game and able to put it on cruise control. But for a late pick 6 we likely lose. I don't buy it, sorry

I know you want to believe this, but really? We were never in control of this game and able to put it on cruise control. But for a late pick 6 we likely lose. I don't buy it, sorry

Agree. We were losing late in the third. If you're losing to Liberty late in the first, it's time to bring out the heavy artillery.

It's like the college football train left the station this weekend and we weren't on it.

It was a tight game and we were lucky to win. That said, we won, and that's the important thing.

Yes, that post was patently absurd, particularly when you consider that the scores of our other FCS games under Grobe have been 48-5, 53-13, 35-7, 34-14, and 42-3.

Back