• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Rebecca Black

So this video is basically about someone singing about something incredibly obvious/right in front of them....Somewhere, Randy Newman is suing for copyright infringement.

I love this line.

"Yesterday was Thursday, today is Friday"

haha! That rules. Dumbest lyrics ever. "Gotta make my mind up, Which seat can I taaaaaaaaake." By the way, I read this song is a huge hit on iTunes. Wonder how much of that she'll see. Her mom paid $2,000 to get the video made.
According to the Daily Beast, the suburban gal took vocal lessons, performed musical theater and sang in talent shows and a patriotic singing group called Celebration USA.

According to Black's mom, Georgina Kelly, a pal told her about a small L.A. record label, Ark Music Factory. After an audition for the label, Black was invited to record a song pre-written by Ark executives; her mom then paid $2,000 to help produce the video.

I think I could live with making a boatload of money by becoming an Internet meme.

I read this whole thread before watching the video. It was worse than I expected.

Seems like it was made innocuously enough. A mother spent 2 grand to let her daughter make a video using some off-the-shelf song. Probably happens every day. This one just happened to catch Tosh's attention for whatever reason and the rest is history.

"The end of civilization" isn't because a crappy video of an inane song was made, the real sign of the end of civilization is that this became virally relevant and people are rolling with it. I'm with the Captain on this.

Last edited:
So this bitch is 2011's version of "Hide yo kids"?

2011 is already crappier than 2010 and I thought 2010 was just about the worst year ever.

Man I heard this for the first time today and it's been stuck in my head all afternoon. It's like whip my hair but WAY worse

This is terrible, I heard some drunk sorority girls singing this song Karaoke style by the pool today.

SHM

Back