• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Wife wanted to watch "Little Fires Everywhere" on Hulu. I was skeptical, but am really enjoying it. Reese Witherspoon and Carrie Washington are both really good in it. Between this and "Big Little Lies" I'm becoming quite the Reese TV fan.

a new quarantine ep of Parks and Rec airing next Thursday on NBC! Looks like all of the cast is in on it.

Just finished the first season of DARK. anybody seen it? Lots of LOST vibes, and lots of hatches. It's shot in German and the dubbing takes some getting used to, but i really enjoyed it. Don't know if the second season will be as good (which for spoiler reasons i won't share).

Just finished the first season of DARK. anybody seen it? Lots of LOST vibes, and lots of hatches. It's shot in German and the dubbing takes some getting used to, but i really enjoyed it. Don't know if the second season will be as good (which for spoiler reasons i won't share).

You can switch from dubbing to subtitles, makes the experience a lot better. Awesome series.

Yes I watched the first season with subtitles whenever it first came out and loved it. Haven’t watched the second season yet

I honestly believe the theory about an owl attacking her.

The forensic "scientist" dude is so fucked up that thing should have been thrown out in a second and THAT guy arrested. Who knows how many innocent people that fraud has put in jail. Super weird story, though, not totally sure where I fall on it, but def intrigued by the owl theory. May have to rewatch. I do think it's also funny that Peterson ended up getting with the director of the doc? Do I have that right?

I watched the first season of Dark and I dug it then it came time to watch season 2 and I watched the Season 1 synopsis and was like, wow, that's too much, man

would need to fully rewatch season 1 before I could watch season 2, which was more time than I wanted to commit

Waco with Tim Riggins as Koresh was entertaining but tough to watch at times (last episode when the FBI raids the compound. As a dad that has haunted me). It was interesting how the show painted the Davidians and Koresh in mostly a sympathetic light, while painted the FBI (other than the negotiator) as impulsive assholes. The latter is probably not wrong in terms of how things played out, but it is pretty known that Koresh was doing a some illegal shit including sleeping with under age girls. Anyway, it's worth a watch, Riggins is solid as Koresh as the season goes on.

Wife wanted to watch "Little Fires Everywhere" on Hulu. I was skeptical, but am really enjoying it. Reese Witherspoon and Carrie Washington are both really good in it. Between this and "Big Little Lies" I'm becoming quite the Reese TV fan.

Kerry Washington is not in Big Little Lies. I assume you're talking about Zoe Kravitz. Good series though, despite Shailene Woodley. Also, Nicole Kidman has freaky earlobes.

Dark had so much going on and I wasn't paying close enough attention. Got to the end of S1 and felt like I'd missed half of the storyline.

Kingdom is pretty solid - South Korean political period series that includes the undead. Decent first season, will probably watch the second.

Just started After Life. Really dark comedy with Ricky Gervais about life after the death of a loved one.

I watched the first season of Dark and I dug it then it came time to watch season 2 and I watched the Season 1 synopsis and was like, wow, that's too much, man

would need to fully rewatch season 1 before I could watch season 2, which was more time than I wanted to commit

Had the same experience so I’m waiting for the third season to come out so I can just watch the whole thing

Has anyone kept up with Plot Against America? The first one was ok, but I wasn't super feeling getting back into it. Curious to see if it's worth picking up.

Has anyone kept up with Plot Against America? The first one was ok, but I wasn't super feeling getting back into it. Curious to see if it's worth picking up.

I enjoyed it. A little heavy handed at times, but well done. Plus it's only 6 episodes, so not too much of an investment.

Hell, I'll watch anything David Simon does. Treme and The Deuce were both really solid.

You can switch from dubbing to subtitles, makes the experience a lot better. Awesome series.

Yes, I would have preferred this, but binge-watched it all with the gf (and her sister) and she preferred the dubbing and English subtitles combo.

Yes, it was a lot. We'd pause it every few minutes and discuss and it was great. I generally hate binge-watching and often an hour episode of tv takes me three sittings to get through. But watching straight through was great. Probably the most tv I've watched in years and years and years.

Watched the first season of Dark (with the subtitles) and really enjoyed it, but haven't watched the 2nd season. I'm a sucker for the Netflix reality shows about cars. During the pandemic i've watched: Rust to Riches, Rust Valley, Fastest Car, and Hyperdrive. As for shows not about cars, i've been watching The Outsider and Vice Principles on HBO.

It was really, really good, I thought. It did a great job showing the insidiousness of rhetoric.

Kerry Washington is not in Big Little Lies. I assume you're talking about Zoe Kravitz. Good series though, despite Shailene Woodley. Also, Nicole Kidman has freaky earlobes.

Washington is in Little Fires Everywhere.

I've watched a few eps of that and I loved it at first, but man the melodrama gets pretty ridiculous. It doesn't help that Witherspoon's character is super easy to hate, which she really wasn't in Big Little Lies. I'll probs finish it, but I've gone from all-in to meh pretty fast.

Washington is in Little Fires Everywhere.

I've watched a few eps of that and I loved it at first, but man the melodrama gets pretty ridiculous. It doesn't help that Witherspoon's character is super easy to hate, which she really wasn't in Big Little Lies. I'll probs finish it, but I've gone from all-in to meh pretty fast.

Oh, my bad. Yeah, wife has Little Fires Everywhere teed up to watch. I've been recording The Last Dance and haven't watched any of it, but she doesn't wat to watch that. I'll give Little Fires a shot, but if I'm not into it, I'll be watching The Last Dance and she'll be watching Kerry and Reese.

Back