• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

yea i agree with these takes, haven't seen LFE tho

i don't think that i would recommend it

there were some good performances but man just poor writing/plotting/pacing/basic storytelling

i think the creators really misjudged how characters' motivations would be received

the idea that we're supposed to root for Kerry Washington's character / interpret the main plot resolution as a positive ending is just fucking WILD. the show's (ostensible) intended emotional beats almost never tracked with what was happening on the screen

anybody watch the premiere of "I Know This Much Is True"?

reviews have been a bit hit or miss (the common complaint seems to be that it's relentlessly gloomy), but I love Cianfrance and the cast looks dope. I wonder if the show would've been better received outside of quarantine times... definitely doesn't sound like something folks should binge

Babylon Berlin is pretty solid on Netflix. 3 season mystery drama about the political police in 1929 Berlin.

I feel like Dead to Me is a much less shitty version of Big Little Lies, which is to say binge worthy television

I watched Dead to Me in two nights during a busy Disney vacation last year. Couldn’t put it down. I’m not going to start it tonight because I want to get to bed at a decent time.

I watched Dead to Me in two nights during a busy Disney vacation last year. Couldn’t put it down. I’m not going to start it tonight because I want to get to bed at a decent time.

Linda Cardellini is quite mousey, as well.

I've been geeking over her freak for over 20 years.

I am going to watch the season finale of Legends of Tomorrow tonight which is ironically titled "Freaks and Geeks."

Last edited:
The English Game was slow. Nice to look at and in capturing the era (as you’d expect from the guy who gave us Downton Abbey), but didn’t do much for me. The Wife, of course, loved it.

I started watching Ramy on Hulunlast night. Not sure about it yet.

I started watching Ramy on Hulunlast night. Not sure about it yet.

Ramy is good, not great

it follows the plug-and-play millennial identity issues format that offers interesting perspectives, but becomes a little formulaic

Babylon Berlin is pretty solid on Netflix. 3 season mystery drama about the political police in 1929 Berlin.

I'm a huge fan of BB, about halfway through Season 3 right now. Lotte is a such a babe.

Also this may make me an #old but I'm totally down with caption life. I put them on for anything remotely foreign, even if it is in English.

Last edited:
i do CC on about everything these days. Def #old

Babylon Berlin has been my favorite show of the last few years. Lotte is def tops.

I also am doing the CC on everything lately, though sometimes it will throw up the dialogue of something that is supposed to be a surprise/shock before the character says it, and that is a little bit of a bummer, but that's rare.

Last edited:
I've been full-time CC for ten-plus years

Hulu has the worst CC capacity among the big streamers, timing gets off from the dialogue a noticeable amount -- Netflix is best (their UX is so dominant over all the others)

CC on the Jordan doc on both ESPN and YouTube TV is trash -- diminishes the experience

Anybody been watching Devs on Hulu? I've watched the first couple episodes and so far it fucks.

Back