• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

guess I’ll give Schitts Creek another go - I might just skip the first season and read a summary about it so I’m caught up

got into Jack Ryan and Hunters recently, both are off to strong starts

I am watching Schitt’s Creek for the first time. I’m in season 3 now, about 4 eps left. I enjoyed the first season. But 2 & 3 have been much much better.

It also helps that I have a friend nearly identical to David in almost every way.

Schitt's Creek is fine and I watched for a few seasons, but David's boyfriend is a terribly stale actor and it got so distracting I bailed on the show

In the few eps I watched with my wife, I thought the point was for David’s boyfriend to be a stiff compared to David being over the top.

I just started schitts creek last night based on this thread. Finally needed a new show for right before bed since I finished Clone Wars end to end over the past 4-5 months. CW needed a little time to hit its stride and there are a few dud storylines throughout but it ends up really well.

i went back and rewatched middleditch and schwartz and man that was just as funny the second time

i love so much about those shows

Agreed, really enjoyed those. I felt very engaged in the show. Hope they'll do more.

they've been doing a press circuit (well, alternative press i guess, a lot of niche youtube stuff) the last couple weeks talking about how the only way netflix will let them make more is if people watch, so i suspect that's in the works

dropped Hannibal after 5 or 6 eps

the dialog is reeeeeeeeally clunky, distractingly so, and it's just a bit gratuitous for me, and i like horror

dropped Hannibal after 5 or 6 eps

the dialog is reeeeeeeeally clunky, distractingly so, and it's just a bit gratuitous for me, and i like horror

fuckin' Hannibal man. amazed some of that show was on broadcast TV. the constant and unending use of full names in the dialogue was also incredible.

they've been doing a press circuit (well, alternative press i guess, a lot of niche youtube stuff) the last couple weeks talking about how the only way netflix will let them make more is if people watch, so i suspect that's in the works

That's good. It's gotta be a relatively easy show to produce, so I can't imagine the ROI would need to be high for Netflix. No writers, no props.

We're back and forth between watching Hannibal and Dead Like Me. Like them both.

Norsemen S3 is now available. If you haven’t watched this show then you are defs missing out.

Guy is nuts. If you liked Free Solo, watch Meru.

Enjoyed Meru, thanks for the recommendation. We watched The Dawn Wall last night and it was just fantastic. Every bit as good as Free Solo IMO and with some really unexpected developments in the storyline.

Is Disney+ noticeably quieter for anybody? Every time I watch a movie, I have to turn both the speakers & TV up. Then I get blasted when I watch something else and forget to turn it down.

Is Disney+ noticeably quieter for anybody? Every time I watch a movie, I have to turn both the speakers & TV up. Then I get blasted when I watch something else and forget to turn it down.

Yes it is awful and I can't figure out how to fix it (we use it on xbox, not sure if platform makes any difference or not). We literally have to turn our TV up to 100% volume for some movies, Marvel ones are the worst.

I am on a Roku TV. I haven’t tried it yet with chromecast. I just watched Rogue One (which is still incredible) and had to crank up the speakers. Tv was at 75 and speakers were probably at 85+ (there are no #s, just a knob to turn). Got blasted when I finished it and switched to the 11:00 news.

ozark - COVID GOAT
mindhunter - fun ‘prequel to criminal minds’
tiger king - entertaining; poor mans King Of Kong
unorthodox - enjoyed diving into a world I knew very little about; lead actor is great
dead to me - S1 was decent, stopped watching S2 with the ‘twin reemergence’
schitts creek - watched the pilot and quit it; why do people like this so much?

This kind of pissed me off too. Seems like a "jumping the shark" idea when it's not really needed. I also lost interest in it for an episode or two but gave it a chance. Just let it flow and give it another shot. I'm up to S2E5 and glad I did not bail on it.

I watched the Netlix NYC mafia doc called Fear City. It had some interesting stuff in three hours, but was mostly blah.

Back