• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

i was reminded this existed the other day and man it's such a good fucking scene

the way he says "because i was scared" and it about breaks nathan is amazing

Resident Alien might be the best show on tv right now.

I keep seeing ads on Peacock for this, and I'm definitely going to go watch ASAP.

Prey rules. That's all you need to know.

To say second best in the Predator (and spinoffs) series is faint praise, you just have to be above the "it stinks" line. I'd say best of the series overall except the initial had this moment of cinema gold:

I had no idea this was a thing, but I'm going to watch it as well.

i was reminded this existed the other day and man it's such a good fucking scene

the way he says "because i was scared" and it about breaks nathan is amazing

WTF is this? lol I need to watch THIS as well....

Lotsa stuff to catch up on.

I watched The Black Phone on PeacockTV the other day. Directed by Scott Derrickson who also directed Sinister and Doctor Strange 1. It was decent. Predictable, and a little weird, but kept me interested. Some random bits thrown in everywhere made it a little uneven.

Not sure how I missed this show coming up this week.

Wild. I'm not particularly picky or pretension and I thought it was amazing

I also liked it a lot, but I understand the complaint that it is boring. Until the season finale, the pacing was very slow. I thought it helped build tension, but I can see how people would be bored by it.

Last edited:
pretty wild a major corp can just be like "hey, we're going to make a whole show about you and your life and here's the contract we want you to sign. no? ok well fuck off then lolz byeeeee"

Finished The Bear last night. Enjoyed it and will hang around for Season 2, but it was nothing particularly groundbreaking or memorable. Had super high expectations. Again, I really liked it... But it isn't something I'd tell people they have to watch.

Also finished The Rehearsal. Didn't enjoy the finale as much as other episodes... In fact, the show kind of peaked with Ep1 imo. I think I get most of what Fielder was trying to say, but there was a lot going on and some of it was neither funny nor particularly interesting. But the show set such a high bar the first few episodes, I understand why I left it feeling a little disappointed.

Yeah I'm about halfway through the Bear and it's interesting enough but not this like paradigm shifting TV show that people have made it out to be (maybe I need to finish it to see that). wife bailed after 1 ep because her brother used to be a line cook and has had a lot of issues.

The Bear inspired me to re-read Kitchen Confidential, and for that I'm thankful.

The Bear was so good, y'all are crazy

Maybe too stressful though, like uncut gems

Back