• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I don't know if it's been discussed, but season 2 of Good Omens was pretty bad. Season one was amazingly good but 2 was pretty meh.

Finished Usher -- didn't quite hit me like Midnight Mass did, but still better than most anything else out there. Flanagan's just a master.

I finished Usher, too. It was a 'one thumbs up' for me. I'm a huge Poe fan. Have his complete works compiled in 1908 by...Funk & Wagnalls. I just didn't quite get on with the storytelling in the Netflix series. Good, but not completely compelling for me.

I'd recommend it, but I enjoyed Midnight Mass more.

Been watching S3 of The Morning Show and I think it's been pretty fantastic so far. I forgot how much I liked this show. Also started Lessons in Chemistry last night and I think I'm going to like this one quite a lot as well.

House Usher ranks second for me behind Hill House. Perhaps it was the initial novelty, but Hill House really tugged at my heartstrings by the end. Bly, not so much. It's hard to even compare those two with Midnight Mass or House Usher, but if I had to in terms of pure entertainment I'd go:

Hill House, Usher, Midnight Mass, Bly.

House of Usher is just alright for me and the wife...think it is still very watchable but not nearly as good as his other shows.
update: struggling to finish...on episode 8 and we are both bored .

Last edited:
If you haven’t watched the UK version of “Ghosts”, it’s about to be available on cbs and Paramount +. Not sure if it’s just because we watched it first, but my wife I enjoyed it far more than the US version. Found nearly every character to be more like-able, especially the main 2.

Finally got around to watching The Afterparty season 2 on Apple TV. I didn't enjoy it quiiiite as much as season 1, but thought it was good overall. I still love the concept and cast. If you're not familiar, it's a who-dun-it comedy where each episode is told from an after party attendee's perspective while using a genre that suits that character. One episode could be a musical while the next is a noir. I'm always in the market for fun shows, so if you like, say, "Only Murders in the Building" I strongly suggest you check it out.

I also appreciate that it's entirely possible to figure out who did it if you really want to. My wife and I just binged it, but if you track the clues you could solve it.

Here is the trailer for the first season. Lots of characters from other shows you may recognize:

Last edited:
Just started Life on Our Planet. Have been looking forward to checking this out. Just absolutely mind boggling to consider the origins of life and scale of biodiversity over hundreds of millions of year. Great production + Morgan Freeman narrating.

am i understanding this correctly that if i want showtime for a few months i have to do it through paramount+?

no stand-alone showtime options?

No idea but 247 does a deal now and then that it is included with a membership so that's potentially one way to access.

Last edited:
am i understanding this correctly that if i want showtime for a few months i have to do it through paramount+?

no stand-alone showtime options?
Correct.

They are phasing out standalone Showtime as it folds into Paramount+. So if you are just now trying to subscribe, you have to do it as a part of Paramount+.

Should be less confusing in a few months when it has been completely integrated into Paramount+.

Back