• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

i was never as tense watching BOB or Pacific as I am watching these air raids
up there you're on your own, no one to help you out. injured? better hope you can stay alive/your plane makes it. no medics, nothing. bail out? good luck to you, hope you don't get
sliced in half on a wing or stuck in the ball turret

up there you're on your own, no one to help you out. injured? better hope you can stay alive/your plane makes it. no medics, nothing. bail out? good luck to you, hope you don't get
sliced in half on a wing or stuck in the ball turret

Or just blow up, or ditch in the ocean 300 miles from anywhere, or jesus christ

Rewatching the Wire and it's been pretty fun now that we live in Bmore. Just finished S1 and are a few eps into S2. Drove by the pit and the towers a couple of weeks ago, and a lot of S2 takes place in my neighborhood. Hoping to see our house at some point, though it looked WAY different 20 years ago than it does today.

Rewatching the Wire and it's been pretty fun now that we live in Bmore. Just finished S1 and are a few eps into S2. Drove by the pit and the towers a couple of weeks ago, and a lot of S2 takes place in my neighborhood. Hoping to see our house at some point, though it looked WAY different 20 years ago than it does today.

I always laugh because my brother is a Special Agent in the Baltimore field office.

I always laugh because my brother is a Special Agent in the Baltimore field office.

5264de750c716be2564256c14dc125ad.gif

I'll have to check out Masters of the Air, Apple seems to be doing "quality over quantity".

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters spent most of the season as "alright for fans" but had a really strong ending and went on to "highly recommended... for fans". This is an expansion of the current Godzilla/King Kong monsterverse. If you're not into that, it's a skip but if you are, check it out.

I'll have to check out Masters of the Air, Apple seems to be doing "quality over quantity".

Monarch: Legacy of Monsters spent most of the season as "alright for fans" but had a really strong ending and went on to "highly recommended... for fans". This is an expansion of the current Godzilla/King Kong monsterverse. If you're not into that, it's a skip but if you are, check it out.
Not seeing a rating. What would you consider age appropriate? My 11 yo has seen the new godzilla, Kong, and g -1 previously.

I managed to watch the first 20 minutes of the first episode of season 2 of Slow Horses just now

friggin 10 month olds, man

Not seeing a rating. What would you consider age appropriate? My 11 yo has seen the new godzilla, Kong, and g -1 previously.
I did see somewhere it was rated TV-14, so in line with the pg 13 movies. As far as violence, etc, it's similar to the movies and nobody has sexy time. It is a more "adult" series that may be less interesting to an 11 year old. I mean more adult themes. And I mean in comparison to the movie themes which boil down to "big monkey fight big lizard".

i was never as tense watching BOB or Pacific as I am watching these air raids

Yeah, but it's kind of the same tension every episode, which was my concern. Don't get me wrong-- this is better than The Pacific so far (BOB is likely untouchable), but I don't want the same general plot each week-- planes! flack! scary! lucky to live! Good news is we now know it is going to deal with the consequences of bailing out over enemy territory. That's the little change up I was hoping for.

Yeah, but it's kind of the same tension every episode, which was my concern. Don't get me wrong-- this is better than The Pacific so far (BOB is likely untouchable), but I don't want the same general plot each week-- planes! flack! scary! lucky to live! Good news is we now know it is going to deal with the consequences of bailing out over enemy territory. That's the little change up I was hoping for.
I think it’s going to shift a bit after e3, which seems to the peak of aforementioned plot beats

Yeah I think we’re gonna get more focus on people who bailed out trying to evade capture and those who became POWs. Plus there will be some Tuskegee Airmen stuff. And the bombing campaigns became more focused on downing Luftwaffe planes vs the actual bombings once the P51s are introduced.

“The Greatest Night in Pop” documentary on Netflix about the recording of We Are The World was a good watch imo. Very interesting how they made that happen. Some funny parts too, where Stevie Wonder helps Ray Charles find the men’s room and someone says “That’s literally the blind leading the blind”.

Back