• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Anyone want to chat about the new Mr. and Mrs. Smith?
started it and like 3 episodes in and like it well enough. I like the twist that they know they are assassins/agents/whatever, and the relationship is the thing that has to get worked out rather than the other way around in the movie. Enjoying it - wished the awkward initial part was strung out a little and took longer.

Anyone watching Hazbin Hotel? I think it's pretty decent, but my wife loves it.

It is a different premise than the movie of the same name, so that kind of threw me off at first. Can't say the role allows Donald Glover to be himself either. I am not yet sold on it.

Did you finish? I loved how it kinda tracked the life cycle of a relationship. Very meta

started it and like 3 episodes in and like it well enough. I like the twist that they know they are assassins/agents/whatever, and the relationship is the thing that has to get worked out rather than the other way around in the movie. Enjoying it - wished the awkward initial part was strung out a little and took longer.
After 3 episodes in, I feel the same way. Episode 3 seems to make it clear the show is about relationships and spy stuff is just a way to frame it.

I liked it just fine I guess but ultimately it felt like a super watered down version of The Americans for me. It's obviously not interested in being as heavy as that show was, so I think they're shooting at wildly different targets, but my brain couldn't stop drawing parallels between them.

That scene in the second ep with the bones braking, The Americans' version of it was one of the emotional foundations of that show, whereas here it was just played for laughs.

It's hard to square, I guess. Like ph says, it's clearly interested in exploring the relationship dynamic between John + Jane, but it also wants to be a pulpy action-comedy thriller. The tonal swings sort of undermine whatever character study stuff they're trying to do in a given episode, but again, even if they were absolutely nailing it, The Americans already hit these emotional beats pretty much perfectly.

I'll watch a second season probably, if one exists-- if nothing else, the show nailed the landing in the season finale-- but I'd probably grade it around a B.

I tried to rewatch NE a couple of years ago and struggled to get through the first few eps and gave up.

Watched Gran Turismo last weekend. I didn't hate it. Was a pretty entertaining watch.
perfect airplane movie

we started watching The Leftovers this weekend. totally missed the boat when it came out. very dark!

perfect airplane movie

we started watching The Leftovers this weekend. totally missed the boat when it came out. very dark!

I thought the first season was meh, the second season was very good and the third puts it in all time great territory.

Finished The Bear S2 last night. Enjoyed it. Everything about it is really well done. Having said that, it's not a show that I get all fired up about.

Starting True Detective: Night Country tonight.

Back