• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Wife and I just finished the Netflix docuseries American Nightmare. Absolutely crazy story that we had somehow completely missed when it was in the news fairly recently. Three episodes, 45 minutes each. Highly recommend.

Wife and I just finished the Netflix docuseries American Nightmare. Absolutely crazy story that we had somehow completely missed when it was in the news fairly recently. Three episodes, 45 minutes each. Highly recommend.

We watched this also. Crazy stuff.

Finished True Detective: Night Country.

Enjoyed it. Obviously not as good as S1... Better than S2... I think I liked it more than S3, but will have to give it some time to marinate.

Not sure what we're on to next. Maybe Succession.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith was good. Tight episodic storytelling in 8 episodes.

Does anybody else think it sets up to be an anthology series? Each season could include the same premise of a spy couple but change the circumstances.

First two episodes of Shogun are fantastic. Definitely a no phone show (unless you speak Japanese I guess).

Mr. & Mrs. Smith was good. Tight episodic storytelling in 8 episodes.

Does anybody else think it sets up to be an anthology series? Each season could include the same premise of a spy couple but change the circumstances.
Might have to check this out. Feel like every miniseries I watch is so bloated

True Detective would've been total trash if not for Jodie Foster killing that role. Created a definite atmosphere in the first couple eps, then came off the rails. Relied on jump scare, mystical BS that ultimately proved to be there simply as a MacGuffin. Or they're guided by the dead or some shit. Foster was good, as already mentioned. The kid who looked like a Good Will Hunting extra was solid too. I honestly don't remember much about S2 except that it was a letdown after S1, but the performances were strong throughout. This season was certainly just as forgettable though.

Hearing great things about Shogun, which was in need of an update. I'm gonna check it out.

True Detective would've been total trash if not for Jodie Foster killing that role. Created a definite atmosphere in the first couple eps, then came off the rails. Relied on jump scare, mystical BS that ultimately proved to be there simply as a MacGuffin. Or they're guided by the dead or some shit. Foster was good, as already mentioned. The kid who looked like a Good Will Hunting extra was solid too. I honestly don't remember much about S2 except that it was a letdown after S1, but the performances were strong throughout. This season was certainly just as forgettable though.

Hearing great things about Shogun, which was in need of an update. I'm gonna check it out.

The acting really did save it. I thought 90% of the cast was great.

Has anyone watched "Love on the Spectrum" on Netflix? I started watching Season 2 and enjoyed it so much I'm on Season 1 now. It's a documentary/reality show that follows a variety of adults on the autistic spectrum that are looking for romantic companionship. It's very interesting and some of the characters are now my favorite reality show characters on television. The show originated in Australia with 2 seasons and now the US version has produced 2 seasons.

Has anyone watched "Love on the Spectrum" on Netflix? I started watching Season 2 and enjoyed it so much I'm on Season 1 now. It's a documentary/reality show that follows a variety of adults on the autistic spectrum that are looking for romantic companionship. It's very interesting and some of the characters are now my favorite reality show characters on television. The show originated in Australia with 2 seasons and now the US version has produced 2 seasons.
So damn delightful

Getting caught up with Shogun (not much to it, since there are only two episodes). Really digging it so far. Ep 2 where he draws the map is really a well done scene. Got me stoked for future eps.

The first episode of Shogun is um, quite intense. It also took me over two hours to watch the first episode bc I was constantly Googling the history to get some context.

One Day is/was one of my least favorite shows I’ve ever watched. Of course my wife loved it. Just finishing the final episode.

Back