• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I enjoyed the Scoop on Netflix, concerning the Newsnight interview about Prince Andrew. It was fine. I am glad they didn't make it into a series or Netflix it up. It worked for an hour and a half.

I've been meaning to check out Resident Alien, and all this chatter is a good reminder.

Robert Duncan McNeill (Lt. Tom Paris on ST: Voyager) has directed a ton of the episodes.

It's been a long time since I've seen anything that's stuck with me weeks after viewing like 3 Body Problem has. I've been devouring all I can find about this series beyond the Netflix show. It really gets wild after this.

Two episodes in and 3 body problem is really good.
They did a great job adapting the books to TV. I might need to check out the Amazon version to see how true it is to the book, since the Netflix version experimented with characters and timelines

No. Some how I thought the book was a self help book and I never made the effort.
It's a trilogy and the second and third books will blow your mind. I've been thinking about rereading them even though I just finished about a month ago

There's a 4th "approved by the author so therefore canon" book as well, but it's not written by Liu Xixin.

really blown away at the quality of Fallout. sets/production design is outstanding. the faithful but not slavish attention to detail re: the games is pretty incredible.

that's even before you get into the acting/writing

what a surprise

holy shit Shogun is amazing

I think it dragged a bit in the middle, and while the tension has picked up the last few episodes, I was really hoping to see a bit more battling by now. It has been pretty restrained. They have one more episode to be a bit less stoic, and a bit more headchoppy. But the sets, costumes, etc, are all top notch.

Back