• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

thanks for the heads up on peaky blinders. finished through season 2 episode 2 so far and it's great.

This thread is the only place I've seen a negative review of Kimmy Schmidt

cliff notes: tough to get through the first few episodes due to 8 nearly completely separate stories but the final 3 were very good.

to clarify i have not watched it.

I liked it. And I would agree with this. Its a little rough at the beginning but starts to come together about halfway though.

Very ambitious show from the same directing team as Cloud Atlas (the Wachowskis and Tom Twyker). Unsurprisingly, I like it.

did the man in the high castle come out yet?

cliff notes: tough to get through the first few episodes due to 8 nearly completely separate stories but the final 3 were very good.

to clarify i have not watched it.

Netflix is too distracting to get to Arrow. I'm two movies into a Rocky marathon.

Netflix is too distracting to get to Arrow. I'm two movies into a Rocky marathon.

Have you seen the new preview for the Creed movie coming out? Rocky trains Apollo's son.

Just saw Diplomacy on Netflix...German and French with subtitles...set in Paris...about a Swiss diplomat lobbying the German General Governor of Paris not to blow up the city. I didn't realize things got as close as they did. The bridges and monuments were wired with explosives. Again not an action flick...most of it takes place in the hotel suite/office of the general but the dialogue and acting are first class.

For those of you with Amazon Prime and HBO GO, I recently restarted the second season of Carnivale and I am enjoying it. The show is weird as hell and definitely not for all tastes, but if you like its vibe after an episode of two, then I would recommend it.

Along those same lines, Wayward Pines has proven itself to be really great network TV. There is still potential for Shyamalan to mess this up, but it's been great science fiction so far.

Back