• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Finished the series last night (that was quick). ...it got kind of dumb. I had no issues with Titus Andromedon, just general dumbness of all the characters made it hard to keep watching - I found myself wanting to fast-forward through scenes to get back to other plot lines.
Is that what 30 Rock is like? I've never seen an episode, I don't think (at least not that I remember). Same with Parks and Rec. Which of those should I watch?

Parks and Rec is one of the best sitcoms of all time. The worst episodes after the first six are better than 90% of sitcoms over the last decade. The characters are all very well done.

30 Rock got kind of dumb over the course of several seasons but it was still good and Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan were great. I also crush hard on Tina Fey.

Watched the second Kimmy Schmidt last night and it was better but not great. I'll probably start another Netflix show instead. I see why NBC passed on it.

Last edited:
Parks and Rec is one of the best sitcoms of all time. The worst episodes after the first six are better than 90% of sitcoms over the last decade. The characters are all very well done.

30 Rock got kind of dumb over the course of several seasons but it was still good and Alec Baldwin and Tracy Morgan were great. I also crush hard on Tina Fey.

Watched the second Kimmy Schmidt last night and it was better but not great. I'll probably start another Netflix show instead. I see why NBC passed on it.

yeah, it's a bit much. there are some moments of brilliance (thanks, tina fey!) but a lot of it is just too ridiculous.

Team 30 Rock here, I stopped watching Parks & Rec after season 3 or 4.

Todd Barry: Crowd Work was a solid stand up watch. No material, all crowd work.

Lost Soul. It's a documentary about the development and filming of The Island of Dr. Moreau. So good.

The Guest is an awesome genre flick. The third act, especially, was a lot of fun.

I don't know if anybody else felt like this, but every actor reminded me of a famous actor or person (eg the daughter looked like Gwen Stefani, the Guest was like a hybrid of Paul Walker, Captain America and Thor, etc.)

YES! This one and You're Next are two of the most fun movies I've watched this year. And the Guest totally looked like a Bradley Cooper-Paul Walker hybrid.

i also recommend Creep--it's found footage, but shows the genre still has some life left.

Watching The Guest now. I dig.

Just renewed Netflix since I had my wisdom teeth out yesterday. House of Cards is really good so far.

^^^ quit watching midway thru the second season

Forgot how good Tora Tora Tora is. Incredible special effects given its age. Ahead of its time.

A lot of good movies mentioned recently, The Guest and Skeleton Twins were some of my favorite last year. I just saw Creep recently as well and I liked it, but it wasn't tight enough for me and I felt that the ending dragged. It would have been much better if it had ended in the park.

Last edited:
Up in Canada for the week and the selection of Netflix streaming is down significantly up here

I loved 30 Rock, but Parks & Rec definitely ended up as one of the best comedies of all time. The only annoying thing was maybe the victory lap in the last season where everything magically worked out for every character in every aspect of life, but it stayed funny, so what the shit

I liked Kimmy Schmidt, and there are some very, very funny gags (that robot episode tho), but yeah, it's a poor man's 30 Rock.

I'm most of the way through Bojack S1. It started out a little slow, but it's gotten really good. I'm actually most surprised at how effective a drama it is.

Back