• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

I don't know which specific episode but I appreciated Bojack Horseman more as it went along because plot points that seemed one-note became key story arcs. It all came together.

Also, this. There were a couple times in the early part of the season where I thought that a joke was just a quick visual gag, or a one-off, and instead ended up being a major plot point for future episodes. I really appreciated that.

Finally got around to watching season 3 of OITNB and finished it last night. I really didn't care for the first few eps, but I thought it got a lot better as the season went on and thought the last few were really good. Based on the end of the season, season 4 is going to be a shitshow.

Also, this. There were a couple times in the early part of the season where I thought that a joke was just a quick visual gag, or a one-off, and instead ended up being a major plot point for future episodes. I really appreciated that.

And in Season 2, they really run with a particular letter-based gag from Season 1.

After panning Bojack after 2 eps, I decided to give it another whirl and am glad I did.

Now it's deja vu with Sense8. I'm 3 episodes in and not sure whether to proceed or not. I read that it's a really slow burn that eventually has a payoff. For now I'm feeling more Cloud Atlas from it than The Matrix. I was hoping Straczynski would offset whatever the Wachowskis have become, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Same as you dh. Watched 2 eps of bojack a while back and while funny it didn't click as much watch right now. I'll have to find time to dig back in.

Struggle with sense8 as well. After hearing the same slow start strong finish along with s2 renewal already makes out more likely I'll try it.

Two good slow burns: The Living, and Faults (with the dad from The Guest as well as Lance Reddick). Go into the latter knowing as little as possible.

Terrence Malik's To The Wonder is on Netflix. If you were one of the Pixar loving simpletons who hated The Thin Red Line, then move along.

Also, Olga Kurylenko and Rachel McAdams ( o Y o )s make appearances

I agree that Sense8 starts pretty slow but it really comes together about midway through the season.

The Guest started out moderately interesting. Decent but ridiculous.

The Guest started out moderately interesting. Decent but ridiculous.
Yeah, don't get the rah-rah around here about it. The first half was decent, the second half was pretty bad. Not nearly enough time spent on David's story.

We just watched Drift - an Australian movie that chronicles the "true" story of the O'Neill surf brand. It was definitely a surprise as the story was well written and the cast did a great job w/the script. If you like surfing, or just beautiful scenery, check it out.

Not sure if someone has mentioned it, but binge watched Ascension in two days and loved it. Short season also, so that's a plus.

not sure if this is streamed online yet, but USA's Mr. Robot is a great show. Wife and I are loving it.

Holy shit. I'm just about finished with S2 of Bojack (just the finale left). This show about an animated horse is one of the best dramas on TV. Christ.

I can't decide if I liked Between or not.

The acting was a little subpar in some cases and the plot a little thin but I liked the overall story. I'll be curious to see where they go for the next season assuming there is one.

The first episode of Show Me A Hero was really good. I'm hoping that the rest of the season holds up.

Netflix releases "Narcos" tomorrow. Sounds like it will be pretty good.

HD_638325_614924_320x240.bmp

Back