• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Recommend good stuff you've seen on Netflix streaming

Watched ep 1 of the Young Pope last night and I'm not sure I'm in for more.

After Jude Law was cast to play Dumbledore the other day, I began thinking about how forgettable he is. And then I IMDB'd him and realized that not only is he forgettable, he's forgettable in a long list of largely forgettable movies. I'm not even sure how the guy is famous. Is there some magnum opus I'm missing?

Last edited:
i think Talented Mr. Ripley was his break out and then followed up with Enemy at the Gates (Stalingrad sniper movie) and later Cold Mountain

he was good in eXistenZ and I Heart Huckabees.

definitely went into a slide after Alfie bombed

i think Talented Mr. Ripley was his break out and then followed up with Enemy at the Gates (Stalingrad sniper movie) and later Cold Mountain

he was good in eXistenZ and I Heart Huckabees.

definitely went into a slide after Alfie bombed

He was great in Road to Perdition.

yeah that's another one. He's decent in the Sherlock Holmes movies. Basically he's "pretty good" and has good bone structure

yeah that's another one. He's decent in the Sherlock Holmes movies. Basically he's "pretty good" and has good bone structure

I think that's what it is. I'm 30, so perhaps I was just a little late on some of those movies you listed earlier. He's also only 44, so I guess he still has time to break out.

I think that's what it is. I'm 30, so perhaps I was just a little late on some of those movies you listed earlier. He's also only 44, so I guess he still has time to break out.

giphy.gif

New MST3K episodes are live now. Have to say I'm nervous the series will send me into an old man "this was better back in my day!" spell, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

New MST3K episodes are live now. Have to say I'm nervous the series will send me into an old man "this was better back in my day!" spell, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.

1st episode takes a little bit to get going (and it definitely has somewhat of a "pilot" feel), but it's pretty good. The "IT'S TWENTY DEGREES" bit got me pretty good

New Adam Sandler movie dropped today. Haven't seen any of his Netflix stuff but may watch this since he was on Howard the other day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Though not directed to me, I'll bite:

Alpha tier: Mike/Joel
Omega tier: That new guy

This rating based on the first 45 minutes of the first episode. If new guy wows after this point, I'll reassess.

Back